U.S. Cartool Mini Tub kit..anyone tried it ?

-

motobro

Reaction score
Hi,
I saw an auction on ebay for a US Cartool mini tub kit, from the actual company.
For 67-75 a-body cars
It was priced at $199.00, and showed pictures of what was included and what it looked like after it was installed
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/301011327322?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]US Car Tool Mopar 67 75 A Body Mini Tub Kit Dart Valiant Duster Demon | eBay[/ame]
heres the link.
Has anyone used these ?
I bought and installed the subframe connectors on a 69 dart, they seemed to fit well.
I am at a stage where i can easily put these in.

Seriously! Go to any junk yard and buy a wrecked/damaged hood or some large piece of flat sheet metal for a couple bucks. Cut some strips about 3 in wide and poof! Instant US Cartool knock off.

Do the same thing for about $10 in materials.
yup
Seriously! Go to any junk yard and buy a wrecked/damaged hood or some large piece of flat sheet metal for a couple bucks. Cut some strips about 3 in wide and poof! Instant US Cartool knock off.

yup again....amazed at how much folks will shell out for the simplest stuff

Roofs work too...

If i do the mini tub, do i have to
Move the leafsprings for bigger tires ?

I don't know about Darts, but I can tell you on Dusters and Barracudas that your tire will hit the springs before it comes anywhere near the wheel tubs. Do some measurements; you may not need to mini-tub to get the tire size that you desire. On my '71 Duster, I was able to run a 10.5" wide slick or a 305 50 15 street tire without having to tub, just by using the 3/4" spring relocation kit. The only welding needed for use of that kit is the welding of spring perches onto the axle housing.

-
Back