UCA BUSHINGS

-

A/MP

Reaction score
6 months ago I found a pair of late model control arms from a 75 Valiant. Took a few weeks to get the gunk and rust off. Then Christmas came. I've got the control arms finished and the ball joints in. I just don't remember what direction the bushings go in. Flat steel washer faces the firewall when UCA is in installation location? I heard that eating marshmallows are good for improving memory. I just bought 3 bags. Thanks

:thumbsup:

UCA's 73-76 A Body #2 003 (Small).JPG

And if you're installing new UCA bushings, do yourself a favor and use the offset Moog 7103 bushings. Unless you're planning on running bias ply's of course. For radials though, you want the offset bushings and as much positive caster as you can get (usually +2.5* to +3* with the offset bushings).

moog-k7103-bushings-jpg.jpg

And if you're installing new UCA bushings, do yourself a favor and use the offset Moog 7103 bushings. Unless you're planning on running bias ply's of course. For radials though, you want the offset bushings and as much positive caster as you can get (usually +2.5* to +3* with the offset bushings).

View attachment 1715135023
Will using these^^ make the steering harder on non power steering?

Will using these^^ make the steering harder on non power steering?

Depends on how much caster you dial in. Technically yes, as you add positive caster you also increase the camber change that you get when you turn the wheels, which puts more force on the steering.

But even with the offset bushings you’re probably not going to get much more than +3* of caster, which shouldn’t increase effort all that much. It will improve the stability of th car at speed, and the car will track straighter.

I run +6.75* of caster on my Duster, with a fast ratio 16:1 steering box and 275’s up front. So, it’s all relative.

-
Back