Uh Oh They Rub

-

67 dart 270

Reaction score
Got a set of old ET slots from a guy at work for the dart and went to get tires yesterday 205/70r/14. Well they look great on the car but...they rub the front fenders when turning. Any way to raise ride height in the front? I heard something about torsion bar adj. look to good to throw in the uh oh pile!

Your torsions could need to be changed, but you can level it out by cranking up the adjuster on the passenger side. I would just check out the whole front suspension to see if theres anything thats worn and needs changing.

Just be careful not to crank the torsion bars up too much, it puts a strain on the frame at the cross member attach point. Had a 69 runner back in the 70's that I cranked them up to level the car after changing the leaf springs and 4 months later it ripped the frame section out at the cross member, and to replace it and part of the floor board. YUCK.....

YEs it does throw it off but really thats if u slam it down in the weeds or jack it up trying to go in the mudd,just a little like 1/2 wont hurt without u noticing a difference
MIKE

Changing the ride height will change the geometery a little but it probably wont be noticeable. I've been messing with mine all week.

i cranked em' up too much at first , but i think igot it right now no more rubs and the stance looks way tougher.I guess i'll keep the car lol.

-
Back