Uhhg, Camper shopping....

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
Been looking at campers for last few months. Yesterday I drive 4 hours to look at a 23' hybrid camper that the seller kept saying was perfect. Had a great floor plan, etc. I made sure to get a few extra pictures, ask a ton of questions.

The seller still tried to hide the fact the slide out was broken. Uhhg, just tell me before I waste the time. I'm no stranger to repairs, but when it's serious structural, no thanks! Then the guy says he'll take $500 off the price. The repair would be $2000-2500.

Is there anyone honest anymore?

Riddler

We bought a new TT 2 years ago. We thought we liked the layout until we started using it. Typically its me, wife and daughter, with room for guests. Well this year the majority of the trips were just me and the wife. We HATE the layout out. So much wasted space, we are now looking for a TT with a better floor plan.

Our budget was pretty decent, we did look at some used trailers on dealer lots, but holy crap did they all have their problems. Some smelled like the inside of a bar in the 70's and stained yellow from all the cigarette smoke, others where falling apart and in poor shape mechanically, and so much more. The asking price was not that great either. This is why we opted for new. I did search CL and a few other sites for private sellers, but around this part it was either a really old trailer or a really massive triple axle toy hauler. Neither we wanted.

I would say it took us about 6 months to find the camper we thought we liked. LOL

So the wife and I are getting ready to retire and we want to travel with our cats. Anybody do a motor home with their cats?

Been looking at campers for last few months. Yesterday I drive 4 hours to look at a 23' hybrid camper that the seller kept saying was perfect. Had a great floor plan, etc. I made sure to get a few extra pictures, ask a ton of questions.

The seller still tried to hide the fact the slide out was broken. Uhhg, just tell me before I waste the time. I'm no stranger to repairs, but when it's serious structural, no thanks! Then the guy says he'll take $500 off the price. The repair would be $2000-2500.

Is there anyone honest anymore?

Riddler

When I was younger, I did a 2 hour round trip of wasted time, told the seller I wanted gas money and pay for my time. You can imagine how that went but I figured he might as well be upset if I was.

We just sold our TT last year. This was the first summer in a long time without one. I gotta say...didnt miss it. We had ours on a permanent spot at a sportsman club with fishing,swimming,hunting, shooting range, and could ride the 4 wheelers around they even had acres of 4 wheeler trails in the woods. It was fun but also a lot of work. If I'm gonna work on the weekends its gonna be in the garage on my car.

We have been searching for a few months. We looked at 3 at a shady dealer about an hour away. When I fell through the floor on a used unit and the saleswoman laughed, I knew nothing they had in stock was worth anything. New campers with vents open when it's been raining and crappy out all week.

We went to our local dealer about 15 minutes away and found a 2007 Flagstaff Shamrock 183. Wife and kids love it. No issues with the unit and they pulled it into the shop and hooked up the power and water for us to check out. I found a small Velcro issue on one bunk and the worker left to get Velcro off the roll to fix it. This unit was very well cared for by the previous owner and the dealer. It's missing the radio and tank covers but asked for the tank cover to be thrown in.

Overall I'm happy and we can now sell our popup in the spring. Not looking forward to those tire kickers!

Riddler

We have been searching for a few months. We looked at 3 at a shady dealer about an hour away. When I fell through the floor on a used unit and the saleswoman laughed, I knew nothing they had in stock was worth anything. New campers with vents open when it's been raining and crappy out all week.

We went to our local dealer about 15 minutes away and found a 2007 Flagstaff Shamrock 183. Wife and kids love it. No issues with the unit and they pulled it into the shop and hooked up the power and water for us to check out. I found a small Velcro issue on one bunk and the worker left to get Velcro off the roll to fix it. This unit was very well cared for by the previous owner and the dealer. It's missing the radio and tank covers but asked for the tank cover to be thrown in.

Overall I'm happy and we can now sell our popup in the spring. Not looking forward to those tire kickers!

Riddler

Yep, took me awhile to sell our pop up also. Lots of people that wasted my time but it went to a good home and even after using it for 4 years we sold it for $500 less than we paid for it..

-
Back