ultimate part score

-
a tow truck driver i know was hauling a demon i picked up for $500 and said he had a 8 3/4 sure-grip unit that was just collecting dust on his shelf.. i swung by his house and picked it up for FREE!

426 Wedge short cross-ram manifold from a Chevy guy for $35. Later found bare 426 Wedge heads for $100. Then liquidated all to buy a house. Sold the package to a guy for $100, but he only had $80 on him, said he'd be back with the other $20. Never saw him again.... Today, I'm older, wiser, and more cynical.

my 73 duster i bought from the org owner for 50 bucks.

tradded a set of rally wheels for a 1970 challenger T/A hood

74 duster slant 6 3 speed on the floor i paid 300$ for and drove home and parted out and maid over a grand in parts off of.

bare 70 340 block 100$

got an 8 3/4 a body rear end complete minus drums for 100 bucks,
904 trans complete for 40 bucks, no rebuild needed.
360 magnum engine complete on trade

I bought my running/driving 68 GTS 340 (hence my user name) for $900. This was back in 93. I've had other good deals over the years, including a bunch of free stuff. A buddy bought a $10 pistol grip at a swap meet from a chevy guy and carried it for 30 minutes before selling it for $200 ( I told him he could have sold it for more).

Two years ago, we were walking a brand X swap meet, and my buddy says "there's a hood for your Dart". I look over and there is a 69 power bulge hood with inserts, marked at $250. I checked it out to make sure it was in good shape and the guy says he'll take $200 for it. I couldn't my wallet out fast enough.

He let me leave it there til we were done at the swap meet, and he was pissed when we came back to pick it up. He had 4 offers of up to $500 for it. But he had already written sold on it, and he honored his word.

My dad bought a complete 340 long block for $250.00 He also bought a standard bore 340 block from this past monster mopar weekend for $100.00 He also picked up a 489 case 3.23 sure grip clutch type for $90

Well, how about this. I bought my duster in 2001 for $5000. It came painted as seen here (I added the stripes). It came with: NOS sharktooth grille and taillights, new bumpers, Fresh from the machine shop 383, fresh 727, offset spring pkg and SS leafs, new 4.88 sg rear (that I traded for a 4.10 and I got $100 to boot), the front centerlines, and the glass hood. Oh, yeah I forgot it came with a 383 6bbl intake and carbs (fresh) and new Hooker fenderwell headers. I sold the intake, carbs and headers for $1000, so I guess I only paid $4000 for the car. It also had the LBP done up front with all new front end pieces and Mark Williams axles in back. I'd have to call that a good deal.

does my 74 dart sport count? bought it for $2080 in may of this year, all original interior in MINT shape, with the fold down rear seat, original drivetrain that worked PERFECT with only 44,066 miles on the clock, never been smoked in either! damn near rust free to! ive changed the oil and swaped out the wimpy 7.25 for a 8.25 and put new brakes up front so i got the 4.5" bolt pattern all the way around

I bought 2 clutch type sure grip units for $150 dollars for the pair. I bought a roller 74 duster original 360 car for $200 but parted it out.

It just goes to show that the deals are out there, just need to be ready when they find you.
Mine - 833 4 speed for $50 with the shifter. bell, z-bar, clutch kit, flywheel, 4-speed pedals w/linkage for $150

I just picked up a 066 radaitor good enought to bolt in and go along with a 614 shroud for 250.00

-
Back