Ultrasonic Cleaning Old Carb

-

saapbaad

mopar or no car
Reaction score
I've never done this before and I hope someone here has and can shed some light on my question.

How much of the carb should I tear apart to have it ultrasonic cleaned? It's a Holley 750 DP, I'll be removing the floats and what not, but should I be tearing out the linkage as well? Should I leave the carb more or less intact?

I've never done this before and I hope someone here has and can shed some light on my question.

How much of the carb should I tear apart to have it ultrasonic cleaned? It's a Holley 750 DP, I'll be removing the floats and what not, but should I be tearing out the linkage as well? Should I leave the carb more or less intact?

It should be completely torn down. I usually never remove the throttle plates and shafts, but you can. Just understand you will have to get new screws from Holley because they are not reusable.

Linkages are not an issue but anything with tiny passages and air bleeds like metering blocks, base plate and main body should be separated and any gasket material removed as best you can before putting in the tub.

Whenever I've rebuilt a carb, the ONLY things I don't remove are the shafts and butterflies, and sometimes the choke / shaft.

Boosters, accel pump nozzle and check, any parts from metering valve, all gaskets and O rings. ALL

Removing the shafts and butterflies isn't necessary, but the rest of it should be disassembled as much as possible to clean it thoroughly.

-
Back