unbelieveable

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
went to a car show over in Indiana today. My son took his Dart Sport and I took the Duster. I pulled a trophy, went up and got it and went back and sit down and was sitting there about to go to sleep waiting to see if he would pull a trophy for " Best unfinished " when they called my name and number again. I won a second award. It was the " Show and shine award". There were 317 vehicles there today and they picked my car to win this award. Most people never receive this award. This award goes in a calendar that is distributed around a 5 state area telling where all the car shows, cruise ins and that kind of stuff are. there are only about 25 awards given out per year in a 5 state area and if you receive this award, your car will be featured in this calendar. The unbelieveable thing is that I have received this award twice in 5 weeks. Once in Ky. on 6/1 and today in Indiana. I cannot believe this. when my name was called, my son looked at me and said that the chances of getting hit by lightning is better than you getting it twice. I have posted pics of just the Mopars and pics of my trophy and the 2 " Show and Shine awards".

Attachments

• DSC04733 (Copy).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC04746 (Copy).jpg
    132 KB · Views: 442
  • DSC04745 (Copy).jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 429
  • DSC04742 (Copy).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 449
  • DSC04741 (Copy).jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 442
  • DSC04740 (Copy).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC04739 (Copy).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 466
  • DSC04738 (Copy).jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 448
  • DSC04737 (Copy).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC04734 (Copy).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 436
more pics

Attachments

• DSC04758 (Copy).jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC04757 (Copy).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 429
  • DSC04756 (Copy).jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC04754 (Copy).jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 426
  • DSC04751 (Copy).jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 442
  • DSC04749 (Copy).jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC04748 (Copy).jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC04747 (Copy).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 452
  • DSC04760 (Copy).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 443
Kudos to you Bill. Sure is nice to see somebody really enjoying their pride and joy! Thanks for sharing those pictures a lot of beautiful cars. BTW that looks to be a beautiful area ya'all are having your show their.

Congrats on both awards Bill. You have to be the king of show car awards on FABO :thumleft:.

Really cool, Bill. Once again well deserved. Congrats.

thanks guys. it was a very nice area to have a show. Indiana has been very good to me at the shows.

You got it going on Bill, Congrats:cheers:
C

Bruce, I don't have time to get started on a pole barn. however, what is cool is that my wife told me the other day she wants a 1969 Valiant so we can fix it up and she can show it. That was her first car she drove as a teen. I know where that car is sitting. It was still sitting in a back yard down in Pass Christian, Mississippi last year when we visited her family. the only problem is getting a title for it.The car was in her step dads name and he died a long time ago. I don't know if that is a possibility to get it some how but I think that would be cool to get her first car brought back to life. If we can get the Dart brought back I don't see any reason why it could not be done though. I am gonna work on it for her. It has been parked since 1986.

Yeah, your car looks pretty damn awesome. Well deserved.
Congrats!!

Is that your son's Dart Sport in primer? Another cool machine! :glasses7:

thanks man, yes, that is my sons Dart Sport in primer. That is the car we brought back to life this year that had been sitting in a field for 20 years and had been stripped. Thanks to a lot of guys here on FABO, we have found almost all the parts that was stripped from it. He is trying to decide what color to paint it. He wanted yellow with black accents. Then it went to orange and black. then he thought about a dark grey and black. After seeing pics of my 73 Dart Sport I had back in 1976, I am talking to him about going with solid black. you know how kids are though, it may come out pink.

thanks man, yes, that is my sons Dart Sport in primer. That is the car we brought back to life this year that had been sitting in a field for 20 years and had been stripped. Thanks to a lot of guys here on FABO, we have found almost all the parts that was stripped from it. He is trying to decide what color to paint it. He wanted yellow with black accents. Then it went to orange and black. then he thought about a dark grey and black. After seeing pics of my 73 Dart Sport I had back in 1976, I am talking to him about going with solid black. you know how kids are though, it may come out pink.

Lol... well no matter what color he ends up with, its a cool car and you guys did a great thing by saving it from returning to the earth. :D keep us posted.

well, he has made the decision. at least that is the color we picked out at the paint store today. it was either that or the yellow that came out on the 69-70 Mustang boss 302 cars. he thought that was a little pale for what he wanted. it is going to be painted Detonater yellow.

-
Back