-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparker

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
OK I know I'm F'd up for wanting this but, I want a vintage underdash 8 track player for my Duster. If anyone has one let me know. I also need the metal wiper blades for my Scamp. Thanks Mike

OK I know I'm F'd up for wanting this but, I want a vintage underdash 8 track player for my Duster. If anyone has one let me know. I also need the metal wiper blades for my Scamp. Thanks Mike

vintage day stuff is cool too!! cant help[ with the 8 track but on the wipers are ya needing the arms or the metal refills or??

Mark,all I need are the metal refills. I had a brain fart years ago and threw them away. Mike

Not at all :cheers: Vintage is good :thumbrig: I will ask around.

Check Ebay. There are 18 results right now, even one that has never been used.

Thanks guys! Moparman send me a pic if you find out it works.Next question,does any body have any 8 track tapes layin around.

Mike I have one new PM me Mark

I still have mine Factory Equipped... It don't work though. I need to fix it and don't know **** about 8 Tracks (I was born in 85)

Not ever selling it BTW!

I was just looking for advice here maybe

Life on Mars ? LOL
The daughter said "I have 2000 songs on my mp3 player."
The dad replyed, "That many 8 tracks would have filled up the bed of my Elcamino."
If my ride sported a vintage 8 track player I would have to have some collectible tapes too, or atleast clones of them. There was A Darkside Of The Moon release in a pink case, a Deep Purple Machine head in purple. Those are just 2 I recall. I'm sure research would suggest other titles.
Now... since 8 track technology was crap and the tape cases couldn't handle sunlight, Why not clone some classic tape cases that have no tape in them ? I'd even seal them where nothing could get in the case. I wouldn't want a coin transfered from case to player by the unknowing hands.

I put am 8-track player in my first ride. Radio Shack add-on fit nicely under the radio where the ashtray would go. I jammed to Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell album many a time. That and Led Zeppelin II. We even had an 8-track recorder in house at one time and made our own tapes. I have seen them on Ebay too for sale. The only thing about 8-tracks was the fade out/fade in on track change. If you made your own and timed it right, you never had the song cut in half. Beat flipping a cassette all the time unless you had auto reverse. Would add a nice touch to a stock setup especially if it worked and you had a tape to play in it at cruises.

I may have the 8 track player you desire. I'll have to go out to the garage and dig through my stereo pile. And yes it is a pile. I'll get back to you if know one else has one. I do however have a TON of really cool 8 track tapes. Everything from Merle Haggard to Led Zepplin. Let me know if you want them for FREE. Just pay for shipping.

The only thing about 8-tracks was the fade out/fade in on track change. If you made your own and timed it right, you never had the song cut in half. Beat flipping a cassette all the time unless you had auto reverse. Would add a nice touch to a stock setup especially if it worked and you had a tape to play in it at cruises.
That reminds me, A cousin would record his albums that skipped onto tape. He knew exactly when to hit the dash when the tape woulld seem to skip. :)

Now that's funny. I DJ'd in a bar and Frampton's Do You Feel Like I Do skipped everytime in one spot. To this day when I hear that song I expect it to skip in the same spot. Of course that was back in the day of records and even though it was a long "potty break" song, you still had to time it for the skip.

For the longest time I used to think a song was gonna pause and go to the next track when I would hear it on the radio or album from listening to it so much on 8 track.LOL

found the 8 track but cant find the wires. was going to look some more tomorrow. might have some 8 tracks if the wife didnt throw them away.did find a 8-track that plays cassettes.

ok i am another sick dog,,,i have had tons and tons of 8 track stuff,,gave over 300 mint condition tapes to a friend,,,he packed them in the attic,,lol

so needless to say i believe i still have one, car 8 track player in the box,,,i know i have at least 2 used,,but working condition,,were in the family from new,,,

the one in the box is a radio shack,,unit,,and i have new unused blank 8 track tapes,,,which are unopened,,and a few head cleaning tapes,,
i have some recorded music as well but im sure not to your liking,,

and yes i have a home recording unit,,,mint,,works was my dads,,been hanging on to it for years,,,i would let it all go cheap to a good home,,

if your stil looking E MAIL ME,,, i dont always have time to get on the board,, i work a rotating shift,, [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back