Under Dash light Lense for '65 Convertible

-

chewy

Some old guy...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
While I was under the dash of my '65 Dart the other day, I found a light socket that looks to be hooked to the doors like a dome light. There is no lense over this light, but it looks like there should be one.

Does anyone have a picture of what the lense that goes over this light looks like?

--Chewy

I have a couple with the plastic lens cover. Will try and find one in my storage and get a picture.

Here's a picture of an early A under dash courtesy light with the lens. Have a NOS housing and virtually new lens in storage with my 65 GT stuff. As you can see it snaps under the 4 little "teeth" on the outer part.

Attachments

• more stuff 009.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 152
Good info! (I have the same little bare bulb holder described in the orig post)

Here's a picture of an early A under dash courtesy light with the lens. Have a NOS housing and virtually new lens in storage with my 65 GT stuff. As you can see it snaps under the 4 little "teeth" on the outer part.

Don! I seems that these under dash light was option on the early 1965 Darts as they had the dome light located to far back. The later versions had the dome light in the middle of the car to get a better light. Have seen it on later Darts too.

Enclosed is some picture from the 2009 Mopar Nats where I met a nice gentlemen who was the first and only owner of his 65 Dart. This car made assembled in September 15 of 1964.

Attachments

• USA resa 2009 del 2 018.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 107
  • USA resa 2009 del 2 019.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 105
  • USA resa 2009 del 2 024.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 103
  • USA resa 2009 del 2 025.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 96
Don! I seems that these under dash light was option on the early 1965 Darts as they had the dome light located to far back. The later versions had the dome light in the middle of the car to get a better light. Have seen it on later Darts too.

I believe my 65 GT 'vert and 65 Signet 'vert came standard with the under dash light since there was no dome light :-D I've not really looked under the dash of my 65 Barracuda for a courtesy light; it does have the rear courtesy lights as you showed in the photo.

-
Back