Under Dash Reverse light wiring?

-

SirDan

Reaction score
I have a under dash reverse light, wondering where the one wire went to from the factory? any help is appreciated:burnout:.

What year/ model we workin on? The bulkhead connectors change over the years.

Documentation on this is poor. I found it on one diagram, all it showed was one wire coming out the the bulkhead where the reverse lamp power comes through, with one wire going to the lamp and a note that said "not part of instrument panel wiring." Of course they COULD have told us WHAT PART of WHAT WIRING is is PART OF, but then, hey, it's Mopar we're dealing with!!!!

This is what the 70 Belvedere shows. This appears to be an added wire, simply taped to the outside of the main harness coming from the bulkhead That's the wire marked "V cavity Z"

Attachments

• 70B_rev1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 149
yes 1973 dart. My car was originally an automatic.

I found a wire that gets power when in reverse. On the inside it is the bottom left most slot on the bulkhead. It is a white wire with a black line.

I was hoping to figure out where it went to. I can't even think of anything that would need that wire in an automatic car. I'm tempted to just use one of those horrible tap in connectors to tap into it.

5602.gif

but maybe I should strip back some of the harness cover and see if I can figure out where it goes. I think Ill take a quick break and maybe someone will chime in.

I ended up doing what I said above and used one of those tap in connecter things.

Also, above I mentioned not knowing what the wire could go to. Duh! the reverse lights in the back! for some reason I was thinking the lights were another harness or something.

-
Back