under hood wiring

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
How should I best clean and prepare the wiring harness as I am hoping to paint the engine compartment this weekend and would like to get everything looking good. I don't believe anything is wrong with the wiring harness, just looks bad. Plug wires included.

Wire loom at the local parts house as well. I use brake cleaner as well and then use electric greased to put in the plugs. Not a lot. Zip ties and cover with wire loom and tape the ends so they don't move. Another alternative is heat shrink tubing. I do that when I want a super tidy wiring job. Just take your time, use new connections when needed and if you can use new color matching wire. The old plugs just pop out of the connectors.

I have heard WD-40 and other ways, that is why I asked here. Thanks

I have re-wired my engine harness to suit my modifications - headlight relays, modern maxi-fuses to replace the fusible link, upgraded larger gauge alternator and headlight wiring, etc. and wrapped it all in the non-stick wiring harness tape.

If you are looking to mask your wiring for painting your engine compartment, wrap the wiring with tin foil. Easy to apply, and removes easy also.
barracudadeave67

I use only racers tape since the engine fire I had, the oem and regular tape was like a fuse for the fire to follow.

My engine compartment is empty. Wiring harness has been removed and stored in resalable bags. The engine compartment has epoxy primer on it now.

WP_20170520_17_00_34_Pro.jpg

I'm anxious to get this painted and install the brake lines and other components so the 273 commando goes back in

WP_20170714_08_33_36_Pro.jpg

-
Back