Status
Not open for further replies.

TupsDuster

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all

My husband and I finished a complete restoration of 1970 Dart 340 last summer - so he's got his car. This summer I sold my 72 Duster, and the empty bay in the garage is killing me so I'm looking for my next project.

I am looking for a 1971 Demon H Code, any original FM3, or any original Mod Top car. In any condition - from basket case to restored. Must have fender tag and/or build sheet. I'm in Western PA, but I will travel/ship. Even if it's not yours, but you "heard" about a car, I have no problem chasing it down.

I know this is a long shot....but ya never know what someone's got stashed on their property.

Ahhh...sorry I read it as 1 sentence lol. Good luck in your search...if I wasn't currently in love w my H code Demon i'd consider it. Picked mine up in S. Carolina restored...originally a 340 3spd White now has a pistol grip 4spd. Fender Tag/Build Sheet.

IMG_9769.JPG

705.JPG

Ahhh...sorry I read it as 1 sentence lol. Good luck in your search...if I wasn't currently in love w my H code Demon i'd consider it. Picked mine up in S. Carolina restored...originally a 340 3spd White now has a pistol grip 4spd. Fender Tag/Build Sheet.

View attachment 1715095840

View attachment 1715095842

Thanks, djais! I don't blame you for wanting to hang on to your Demon, I'd be in love, too!

There was a mod top Barracuda popping off and on CL here for awhile. Let me see what I can do. It was completely torn down and I just had no place for a car like that...

Not mine but I've seen it on Craigslist in eastern pa
1972 dodge demon 340 mopar
Ad has it listed in Camden, NJ...Just a heads up, Camden, NJ was ranked at one time a few years ago as the most dangerous city in USA and still has its crime problems...If your interested, ask questions ahead of time making sure its a legit sale and see the car in the morning or maybe the seller will being willing to meet you outside the city near the waterfront section. Good luck!

There was a mod top Barracuda popping off and on CL here for awhile. Let me see what I can do. It was completely torn down and I just had no place for a car like that...
Thanks, Dartn440
I'd be very interested if you can find any info on it. I appreciate the heads up. Have a good one

Thanks, Dartn440
I'd be very interested if you can find any info on it. I appreciate the heads up. Have a good one
Not trying to sound rude… But you should be asking any and all questions about a car you are looking to buy… He was just prepping you to safety of that area of New Jersey good luck with finding a demon

Not mine but I've seen it on Craigslist in eastern pa
1972 dodge demon 340 mopar
Thanks! I appreciate the heads up. I actually checked out that car in September 2015 when it was at a Classics dealer near Rochester NY. He was asking more than I felt the car was worth, little things seemed off. Like a 225 radiator and incorrect K frame and sway bar, trunk leaked and was all fiberglass, rust bubbles in quite a few areas...plus some small (yet $$ things) like incorrect seatbelts, carb, etc. I can't remember everything now, but we had a long list!
Had Finances and transport all lined up and drove 7 hours round trip, so I was serious about the car, but after going over it real well, I realized it wasn't worth it to me. I want to do a complete (stock) restoration, so starting with a 20k car that was missing some key components, just didn't make sense.
Not to mention, I really prefer the 71s. I prefer the dash, air cleaner, grille, side markers, scoops and HP in the 71 over the 72.
Eh, my search continues. I'll find the right one eventually!
Thanks again!

Thanks! I appreciate the heads up. I actually checked out that car in September 2015 when it was at a Classics dealer near Rochester NY. He was asking more than I felt the car was worth, little things seemed off. Like a 225 radiator and incorrect K frame and sway bar, trunk leaked and was all fiberglass, rust bubbles in quite a few areas...plus some small (yet $$ things) like incorrect seatbelts, carb, etc. I can't remember everything now, but we had a long list!
Had Finances and transport all lined up and drove 7 hours round trip, so I was serious about the car, but after going over it real well, I realized it wasn't worth it to me. I want to do a complete (stock) restoration, so starting with a 20k car that was missing some key components, just didn't make sense.
Not to mention, I really prefer the 71s. I prefer the dash, air cleaner, grille, side markers, scoops and HP in the 71 over the 72.
Eh, my search continues. I'll find the right one eventually!
Thanks again!
I agree on the 71...the grill, rallye dash are 2nd to none...engines can be bumped up in HP while appearing stock

Not trying to sound rude… But you should be asking any and all questions about a car you are looking to buy… He was just prepping you to safety of that area of New Jersey good luck with finding a demon

Hi Djais, I think you might have misunderstood. Dart440 had said he noticed a mod top for sale and he was going to see if he could find the old listing. I said I'd appreciate any info on the whereabouts, then I would chase it down.

It was ZooKypr that spoke about the safety of Jersey, for which I thanked him. Please see my response about the pink Demon. I thoroughly checked out that car two years ago, I don't expect anyone to do my homework for me. Just looking for leads.

Ahhh I missed that convo-sorry
Hi Djais, I think you might have misunderstood. Dart440 had said he noticed a mod top for sale and he was going to see if he could find the old listing. I said I'd appreciate any info on the whereabouts, then I would chase it down.

It was ZooKypr that spoke about the safety of Jersey, for which I thanked him. Please see my response about the pink Demon. I thoroughly checked out that car two years ago, I don't expect anyone to do my homework for me. Just looking for leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back