Unilug wheels

-

ethan santin

Buck eye jim you gotta go
Reaction score
Hey there FABO,

Wanted to ask if unilug wheels will fit on the SBP (5x4). Whats your experiance with them if you have ran them on your car? Are they worth or it or am I better off using wheels with the SBP.

Thanks for reading.

Don't know. You'd have to measure them.

Never heard of any unilug that went down to 4”, not to say there aren’t any out there. Maybe some obscure vintage rims
of some sort. Only unilug’s I know of new are the Keystone Classics and Cragar S/S’s which are 4.5”-4.75”-5”. Best bet is to try and find rims with the 5x4 pattern

Generally, no- they'll fit 4.5 and 4.75 bolt circles, but not 4 or 5 inch circles.
There are exceptions, though. Years back I had a set of slotted mags that would fit 4 or 4.5 bolt circles (can't remember the brand, sorry), but they were the only ones I'd ever seen like that. They had "cams" for the stud holes that would rotate to the selected bolt pattern.

Unilug wheels are a plain to install. I like direct bolt pattern wheels much better.

I am unsure if there are any 5 on 4 unilug wheels made. What would the other bolt pattern be that they would fit? The whole point of uin lug is to have them fit multiple bolt patterns.

Last edited:
Unilug wheels are a plain to install.
Installing the Keystones I have are fiddly as a given and the washers like to pop out of the recess in the rims as you tighten the shank lug nuts. I once siliconed them to the rim and that worked great for a few wheel removals and re-installs but then the silicone bond gave out and it was back to being a contortionist with my fingers to hold the wheel up “just so” while holding a washer with a finger and spinning on a lug. Might try some glue of some sort one day, or just continue with the insanity:BangHead:

I have run Unilugs on the 4.5 BC without issue, but, mine are hub-centric.
Many of us have private stashes of 4"bc wheels. I would suggest you post a want-ad of whatever wheels you want. Someone may be willing to part with a vintage set

As stated, unilug wheels are for 5x4 1/2 or 5x4 3/4. I think Rocket made a unilug wheel that fit 5x4 and 5x4 1/2, but that was probably 40 to 50 years ago. The trick to the unilug wahers is to cinch them up finger tight, making sure the washer in in the inset. Don't let the tire monkeys take your wheels off and put them back on, that is a recipe for disaster. Ask me how I know...

I've never seen unilugs that had a 5 on 4. That's not saying they don't exist..... but I've never seen/heard of any.
I HAVE seen 5 on 4 1/2 centerline autodrags double drilled for 5 on 4. Kinda shakey in my opinion. I do have two pairs of 5 on 4 'lines double drilled for 5 on 4 1/2.

Generally, no- they'll fit 4.5 and 4.75 bolt circles, but not 4 or 5 inch circles.
There are exceptions, though. Years back I had a set of slotted mags that would fit 4 or 4.5 bolt circles (can't remember the brand, sorry), but they were the only ones I'd ever seen like that. They had "cams" for the stud holes that would rotate to the selected bolt pattern.
i had a set of uni-lug slots on my 72 duster with 4 inch bolt pattern, fronts was 4 inches wide back were like 12 inches wide, 15 inch tires...have no clue the brand, were on car when i got back i 92...

-
Back