Unilug?

-

Sparky

Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking for a little input on the (uni-lug?) type rim. This is the ones with oblong lug nut hole. I tracked down a set of Cragars with rubber for my 75 Caprice Classic vert. I think they will fit my Cutless also. Just wondering if I should be wary of these rims, naturally the guy selling said "no problem". They were on a GTO, the guy was not sure if they are a Chev/Ford or Chev/Mopar, any thoughts on that? Would like to try them on the 'cuda. Thanks in advance.
Spark.

Mopar / Ford amounts to the same thing, that is, large 4 1/2" pattern. If you get the proper nuts and washers, these seem to be fine. I'd prefer a dedicated pattern. If your 'Cuda is the small pattern you are out of luck

Been running a set on my Cuda for better than ten years now. Funny thing is the young man at the tire shop said they were all wallered out like I ran with the lug nuts loose. I told him they were made that way and explained why. He's never seen anything like it.

There a couple of different kinds of those. One kind has recesses in the wheel stud holes for special washers to fit into that have round holes in them, basically making the wheel a dedicated bolt pattern based on which way you install the washers. They are the best of the two. The other kind simply has the oval holes with no washers. I would stay away from those. JMO.

If you do have a small bolt pattern you are not out of luck if you still want Cragers SS's and those don't work. I special ordered brand new ones two years ago for my '72 Demon and got them in about 10 days, they're perfect.

thanks guys, not a big issue if they don,t fit the fish. I love my slots I have on there. I have crappy wheels on the Chev, so I think these will do the job for it.

-
Back