Unknown dash bracket

-

supertruck

Unretired Old Fart stock car racer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Restoring a 1973 Dart 340 Sport. Found the bracket pictured attached to the bolt that holds the radio speaker in the dash. The other end was not attached to anything. Is this a factory part? if so, where does the other end go? Looks like some kind of support rod but I can't see where it's supposed to go. Any ideas?
Dash bracket.jpg

Thanks guys. I thought that might be the purpose but it wasn't hooked up when I removed everything. 73hcode, I'd appreciate a pic.

They needed extra support when they switched from metal dash switches to cheap plastic. I have seen many snapped off at the switch still. If your car is this far apart you want to make sure everything slides smoothly with the cables and heater box.

I rebuilt the heater box and was lucky - all the vacuum hoses are still intact. Had to play around with the cable but got it cleaned up and sliding smoothly. The new plastic control box from whitepunkonnitro helped, too.

Did a test fit on the heater control assy and while it fits the dash well, that bracket in the picture is no where close to mating up with the switch. Is there more to the heater control than the plastic part? Am I maybe missing a piece?

-
Back