Unlimited Products/fiberglass parts

-

IL duster

Reaction score
Never do any business whatsoever with this company they are horrible to deal with! The have a F rating on the Better Business Bureau and deserve it! I ordered a hood and it was supposed to come in on Wednesday. I get a call from the trucking company that was delivering the hood and they give me the total I owe for shipping which was 130 more than what Unlimited told me it would be. I call Unlimited and they acted like they were going to help me get this resolved, they asked me to delay the hood coming until Thursday so they could work this out, and they would call me back. They never called me back. Well the trucking company comes to deliver the hood, and now it is broken, of course I refused the hood, now I have to wait until all the paperwork they request is done, which will probably be another month, and then another 6 weeks to produce another hood. There only solution was to pull another customers hood that is in production now off the line and send me that one, of course I have to buy another hood, they won't refund me anything until they get the other hood back, even though I don't and can't get this hood in my hands, and they could call the shipping company and confirm its broken. I can't beleive that a company would admit to pulling another customers hood off the assembly line and giving it away to me. I told them I didn't want to do that because that customer has been waiting for their hood, and I don't want to delay that customers product which they already paid for. Their reply was that particuliar customer never called on their order, and so that means to them that the customer is not in a big hurry and they can give away their hood and delay them another 6 weeks! I couldn't beleive that they openly told me this stuff. Anyway don't do business with these losers!

Dan

Thanks for the heads up. I use a guy out of FLA, aarqualityfiberglass.com
got a great set of bumpers and snorkle scoop.

Stu

thanks for the link, i should have just gone with them in them in the first place. Unlimited feels it is fine to say they call you back and never do but they didn't call me back because they have nothing new to report. And a new development I was talking to one of the girls there in a nice calm voice, and all of a sudden she says, oh the manager and the owner of the company say they need to talk to me, I gotta go, so she hangs up on me. Great company they have there, hope they get there's one day.

Dan

I have considered ordering from Unlimited but decided against it. They do not have a website or a mail order catalog. In this day and age, I would think you need one or the other. That make's them a little inaccessable, (maybe I'm just spoiled by the internet). I can understand them not refunding you until they recieve the hood form the freight company but they owe you a phone call.

Oh they have a website. Check out www.up22.com. Its actual a decent website. They also have a new CD catalog that you can order from them that shows all their products. But still a worthless company no less, that needs to attend customer service 101.

Dan

I have an AAR hood and the quality is pretty good. As for purchasing it the wait was probably about four to six weeks but it was packaged well and it traveled cross country just fine without any damage from trucking company.

I thought as far as the wait goes with Unlimited that it was very good. My biggest problems was the fact that they never return phone calls when they say they are going to. And the fact that they qouted me 140 as an estimate for shipping, bill comes in at almost 270. The trucking company actually tried to deliver the hood on Wednesday, but I called Unlimited and they said refuse it until the following day, they were supposed to fix the shipping costs. The next day comes and the hood arrives, now it is broken and the shippign costs are the same. In my opinion they're unwillingness to get this handle caused the damage to the hood, since it rode around in a semi for 2 extra days and during that time it got damaged. That in my opinion is a big deal. They could call the trucking co. and then they would find out it is on the way back to them. What's it going to hurt to send me another hood, they know that I can't get the one I just refused as it is already on its way back. They could send me another one and I could pay for the frieght and I would be happy. They would get back the damaged one, make a claim with the trucking co, and they would get their money back. If it is un-damaged like they said sometimes happens, well they said they had 6 orders for this same exact hood, why not resell it to another customer if you have orders already for it? They would be covered in every case. But they are not customer service oreinted and that is proven by their better business bureau rating. just losers to deal with.

Hmm, ya I called UNLIMITED a couple weeks ago to order a hood, but the lady who answerd the phone was realy rude which automatically made me not want to deal with them. I finaly got to see one of there hoods on a friends 68' dart and i admit they look REALY good, but he also says he had to deal with their crap. I live like 1 1/2 hours from UNLIMITEDS shop so if i order a hood i would just go pick it up which would save me alot of stress. I considered AAR FIBERGLASS but they are in Florida and they have high prices and i dont realy like how there hoods look, they also have crappy service, if you call them you get a machine saying "the people are not answering thr phones for a while because they dont have enough people or somthing....... so then i email them and they still havent wrote back?!?!?! whats up with this? My friends dad ownes COMPOSITE PLASTICS in santa paula, but he only makes glass for marine, off road, and a bunch of other stuff, so i want to talk him into starting some MOPAR stuff and even some consoles!!!!!! but ya so untill then does anyone know anyone around california that makes HEMI hoods for a 68' cuda??? so then i wont have to deal with any of those people!

Colton

I picked up a AAR Fiberglass hood at a trade show/ swap meet and was VERY pleased with it. I have also got some parts from Sled City and was happy with their work. One other company I have heard good things about is WS Fiberglass out of Ohio, I plan on giving them a shot in the near future.

i got a six pack hood from AAR in florida. it is perfect!! give them a try,you will be glad you did.

AAR in Florida was very good to deal with ,very good product also. 73 dart lift off with hemi hood scoop

I bought my glass from AAR. Very nice finish. I had a few problems but I would order again from them.

Just to give you all an update on my problem with this company. I was going to give Unlimited the benefit of the doubt and I allowed them to make good on this deal and refund my money. I would call every couple weeks and see what they would tell me this time as the reason i still have not seen any money. Well today I am fed up with waiting. I called them and again asked what was the hold-up with my refund, and for the 20th time the lady that answered said they are waiting on the inspection report. I told her that I have proof from the trucking company that they received the hood almost two months ago and that I was tired of waiting. I said tomorrow I am going to call my bank and start the process through them of getting my money back. I told her that if they wanted to do this the right way and not get bashed on multiple internet sites I want a full refund by tomorrow, if not I will just tell the truth of my awesome experience with her company all over the internet, and still get my money back from my bank. She of course said she was going to give this to a supervisor and have them give me a call back in a hour, that was 2 hours ago, still nothing...... And I really don't plan on them doing anything about it, I guess I am just way to nice, or I just got tired of dealing with this is why I haven't done this sooner. Well i learned a good lesson here. So anybody wanting to buy from unlimited beware!!! They have no customer service at all. I also filed a Better Business Bureau report but I know that Unlimited doesn't care. They have 102 unanswered reports with the BBB, and a F rating. DON"T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!!!!!

That's good info for the forum Duster, sorry that had to be you that experienced it. Earlier this year I purchased and recieved a 6 pack hood from AAR and it was delivered to my home in Southern Alberta undamaged. The packaging was excellent and it fit perfectly and yes AAR was difficult to get anything done over the phone and I found e-mail was about the quickest. :evil2:

Copy of P7280002.JPG

That sucks, I hope you get your money back. I had a few problems with AAR. First they sent the wrong hood (67/68 hood instead of the 69 I ordered) however Allan was very willing to make it right. I did elect to keep the 67/68 hood and swap trim instead. The other problem is my bolt on trunk lid that is going to take some work to actually bolt it on.

-
Back