Unreal intake manifold cost

-
I'm 62. For what ever reason, people think that when they sell certain things that they should get over half of what it costs new. I seen a edelbrock performer intake for $300 (used of course) which at the time a new one could be bought for like $350. IMHO that isn't a bargain, not even close. It's not always supply and demand as new intake manifolds are available. A lot of it is that people have to have the item right now regardless of cost. As there's a couple of different intakes listed on my post that are reasonably priced. If someone is restoration their 340 or 360 4 barrel back to factory specs then I can understand paying a couple hundred dollars for a factory 4v intake manifold, other than that I don't feel that they are worth it. Even the second hand resale shops are getting expensive. It's just not supply and demand but what ever someone is willing to pay, myself, I'll watch for the true bargains.

That’s the beauty of a relatively free economy. You don’t have to buy it. There isn’t a law on the books that says you have to sell used at half of new value. That’s what some jerkoff made up and now it’s some unwritten rule that the mass majority think is a real law.

The truth is I can ask whatever I want for parts. And I do. There are times when I price my **** way higher than it’s worth because I don’t need to sell it. If someone comes along and wants to pay my price, fine. If no one does it stays on the shelf.

There are times when I sell things way too cheap. Mostly at swap meets. If I’m dragging crap all the way there I don’t want to bring it home. So I price it to sell and then go lower just to not bring it back home.

I just sold a used twice ignition tester (which anyone running an MSD ignition should have for nothing else then to test their crappy RPM chips) for less than a third of new because I didn’t need it any more. Some dude I don’t know got a smoking deal on it and I don’t have to look at it.

I sold a pair of original 73 A body rally wheels with beauty rings and center caps in really nice shape with 2 fair to middling Dunlop radials on them for far less than half of what they were worth.

Why? Because I detest rally wheels. Always have. And I hated my car with them. If the guy who bought them would have come in 50 bucks lower he STILL would have taken those miserable, ugly, junky wheels home. He didn’t dicker hard enough. And I told him I didn’t want to take them home.

Again, I suggest it’s you who is holding you back. It’s not greedy sellers or anything else. You’ve got to get off the keyboard and go out and do the work. I know there are swap meets and such in your area. Hit them up. Meet people in real life. Network with them.

That’s the only way to do this hobby and maintain a relatively sensible budget

BTW, I bought a fuel pump on eBay a couple of weeks go. New it’s almost 600 bucks. I got this one for 60 smackers to my door. I didn’t need it but at that price even a village idiot would snatch that up.

It was going to go on the shelf, but a real good bro needed a deal. I sold it to him for exactly what I had in it. Just because he’s a good dude and he is spending money like water right now. I have him a break.

That’s what happens when you start real life networking. Better things happen.

I transport muscle cars for a living and have been to Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auctions in January. Prices on cars have skyrocketed again like in 2008. People are having their dream cars moved like I have never seen, I am so busy I am turning down transports! People are freaked out about the direction of this country and the world and want to get things they always wanted, therefore prices are still rising. It is hard to get a car into any restoration shop worth it's salt too, most are booked out for years...
Man,I picked a lousy time to decide I wanted an A body.

-
Back