[WANTED] unsilenced air breather assembly for '71 340

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
70-71 340 would be a silenced breather. 68-69 is unsilenced. Just some info you may want to know. You can buy the 68-69 new pretty cheap. 70 -71 expect to pay $300-$500.

Nick's Garage - Air Cleaner Identification
its always been in my part of the world, a"silenced" breather had the snorkels. unsilenced did not,regardless of size.maybe I mislearnt,anyway you know the one I seek apparently. thanks for the link too>

its always been in my part of the world, a"silenced" breather had the snorkels. un-silenced did not,regardless of size.maybe I mislearnt,anyway you know the one I seek apparently. thanks for the link too>
Un-silenced is open around the bottom. a silenced is a sealed unit. If you had ever driven cars with both you would know how much louder the un-silenced was. That is where it got its name .

A un-silenced style on a thermal-quad car is very obnoxious. The 70-71 style were designed to aim the noise from the carb suction front. This muffled the sound.

I have a silenced style for sale off of a 70 same as 71 but I didn't answer your ad with a PM because it would not have been what you are asking for.

you might want to change your title and remove "un-silenced" It would might change responses. Just trying to help you find the correct breather at a reasonable price.

DSCN0156[1].jpg

Last edited:
Un-silenced is open around the bottom. a sikenced is a sealed unit. If you had ever driven cars with both you would know how much louder the un-silenced was. That is where it got its name .

A un-silenced style on a thermal-quad car is very obnoxious. The 70-71 style were designed to aim the noise from the carb suction front. This muffled the sound.

I have a silenced style for sale off of a 70 same as 71 but I didn't answer your ad with a PM because it would not have been what you are asking for.

you might want to change your title and remove "un-silenced" It would might change responses. Just trying to help you find the correct breather at a reasonable price.

View attachment 1715211067
anyway,different schooling.what are you asking for one?

Sold one of mine one hour ago for $250 after they saw this post. They paid with paypal so it is not available. I have another but I am keeping it for now unless I sell the Demon without the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back