Unsilenced BBD 2 Barrel Air Cleaner Assembly?

-

ardentindustries

Reaction score
Totally not a performance build and I like the look of them without any snorkel.

Recently found one on a truck with a slant 6 in the local yard, now I want one for my 318 with a BBD on it.

Does anyone know if these even exist? If so, what vehicle should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

Totally not a performance build and I like the look of them without any snorkel.

Recently found one on a truck with a slant 6 in the local yard, now I want one for my 318 with a BBD on it.

Does anyone know if these even exist? If so, what vehicle should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance!
Cut the bottom of your air cleaner to work with the top of the /6 one

Yes, my 67 Barracuda had one from the factory. Here is mine with CAP.
2018-09-01_002.jpg

2018-01-19_004.jpg

2018-01-19_005.jpg

Alan

Yes, my 67 Barracuda had one from the factory. Here is mine with CAP.

Alan

66 273s also use that air cleaner with or without CAP. The base plate is the key, as the top covers were used on many engines, from a slant six to HP big blocks.

Thanks Alan. That's at least one vehicle I can look to source one from. Just realized I'm actually going to need two eventually because I'm putting a 2bbl on the slant 6.
I'll keep my eyes peeled.
They do come up for sale here every now and then. Now that you have photos of what you need a parts wanted thread may get you what you need.

I wonder if the B body ones are the same. A parts book would tell for sure.

That is 68 to ?. They are larger, 13" filter?. The earlier big blocks used the smaller air cleaner like the Commando/Charger but were painted black, 10" filter .
Just one I found on FBBO.

Last year at Carlisle they (w/2bbl base) were everywhere 20+.
Never seen another here in California (in 40 years) although original to this car and this is an original California car.

Alan

I used an old Cal Custom air cleaner base on my Belvedere. Search for an aftermarket air cleaner assembly with the right diameter for the air filter.

IMG_4815.jpeg

IMG_4816.jpeg

I have one of those here from a /6. I would like to use it on my /6 but it won't fit the BBD I also have several "more typical" 318 air cleaners up in the attic ( I had 7-8 of them/ I scrapped a few even) and I was gonna cut the center out of one, then cut the center out of my /6 unsilenced base and weld the 2 together.... Under that top it won't be seen.

I have one of those here from a /6. I would like to use it on my /6 but it won't fit the BBD I also have several "more typical" 318 air cleaners up in the attic ( I had 7-8 of them/ I scrapped a few even) and I was gonna cut the center out of one, then cut the center out of my /6 unsilenced base and weld the 2 together.... Under that top it won't be seen.
That was a thought of mine as well. If you wanna sell the /6 one or any 318 ones with a single round "tube" on them, let me know.

Hafta get into the attic and dig. Some I have are newer magnum ones which are the same size neck as a 4bbl and the rest are 70s/80s 2bbl that were stop a Carter BBD.

-
Back