Unsolved Mysteries

-
Conspiracy theories, bigfoot, lochness monster, and UFO sightings, etc, abound. None of them have ever been proven. Wonder why?

Conspiracy theories, bigfoot, lochness monster, and UFO sightings, etc, abound. None of them have ever been proven. Wonder why?

They have trouble with logic and principles of science.

That site screamed bs when I saw the dinosaur figurine and it said this:

"Once again, the traditional archéologie makes a mistake and prefers, in spite of the obvious facts, stay in the error… Figurines from 2500 BC"

Someone failed at basic principles of science, logic, and has no grasp of Occam's Razor.

It'd be curious to run through those topics and see how many are blatant hoaxes.

So explain them away if you can.
I'm sure several can be picked apart, but
that still leaves some unsolved.
I think they are interesting from the standpoint
of unexplained as of yet.
I'm sure there's an answer, so what is it?
If you have some insight, please share.

So explain them away if you can.
I'm sure several can be picked apart, but
that still leaves some unsolved.
I think they are interesting from the standpoint
of unexplained as of yet.
I'm sure there's an answer, so what is it?
If you have some insight, please share.

Well for starters, medicine wheels are just shamanistic nonsense typically performed by indigenous people. Then it references the Ayahuasca. A powerful hallucinogen used by indigenous people. On top of this, people travel from all over the world to do ayahuasca(suppose to be one hell of a trip). So given the scant details, how mysterious/unlikely is it that two people from different parts of the world traveled to do an ayahuasca ceremony and a brain disorder occured in one of them? :-D

I got nothing for the serpent thing. There isnt much info on it. Meaning it could be anything from an undiscovered sea creature to a pollution trail and mass hysteria.

The "mystery egypt cones" = big art project
http://www.danaestratou.com/projects/exterior/desert-breath

The chinese pyramid, what is there to say?

The dinosaur figurine
http://www.ntskeptics.org/1999/1999october/october1999.htm

Don patton went to the excavation site and the figurines appeared to be buried deliberately, they're made of soft clay, and only a small percent look like dinosaurs. Why would one go through the trouble? well there is a giant portion of ignorant people who still refuse to acknowledge evolution and are willing to mislead people to make their preconceived beliefs accepted as fact.

UFO's are UFOs, with nothing more than a story, the prospect of accepting/dismissing the notion is kind of a crapshoot. But being skeptical, i lean towards BS until given verifiable proof.

Lastly, bigfoot. I look at this way. Jane Goodall believes that a sasquatch ape is very possible. Especially given the size of the woods in the country AND archaeological evidence of giganto pithicus(a possibly bipedal ape) that lived during the period when there was the "ice bridge" connecting north america and the asian continent. Its not crazy to think they cross over and what could exist is a distant relative.

Crazier things have happened, Lemurs as we know them only exist because a population migrated to Madagascar from Africa. And there was no "ice bridge"

Pretty cool magnumdust.
Didn't really think you would look into it.
I'm a skeptic of the highest caliber and watch
and read things like this all the time.
I very seldom do the research or follow up
unless it really interests me and they provide
their sources.
Hardly ever do they do this.
I usually find sites like this while digging
for info on other subjects.
I do enjoy looking at these sites though, as
they provide photos/theories of things I might of never
run across in everyday life.
The worlds a crazy untapped ball of mystery but
most subjects can be explained using common sense
and some critical thinking.

I have a web address at the bottom of my page that
is a starting point for reference.

Or here: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9GXxTwhYaY"]http://htwins.net/scale2/ - YouTube[/ame]

...UFO's are UFOs, with nothing more than a story, the prospect of accepting/dismissing the notion is kind of a crapshoot. But being skeptical, i lean towards BS until given verifiable proof...

Hold it! According to recent history (past 50 years or so), you are much more likely abducted by aliens from another world, than winning the lottery.
...and we all know how real the lottery is. :violent1:

Hold it! According to recent history (past 50 years or so), you are much more likely abducted by aliens from another world, than winning the lottery.
...and we all know how real the lottery is. :violent1:

That's the best reason to not play. You're more likely to be affected by something that provably does not exist than to win the lottery.

-
Back