Unwritten rule to selling a 4 door

-
I don't think they are trying to be deceitful. Just a few lazy camera shots. They do describe 4 doors and show that clearly in one photo.

As for the "not a Duster", I have seen many times where sellers say they can't change the title, so they have to put a caveat in the description when they find an error. Probably the case here.

Anyway, they would need a lot more effort and polish to get their asking price, and even then they can't force-feed it, the market will decide a fair price.

Back in the day before digital cameras and the internet you had to look in the paper for cars. Inevitably you'd find the car you wanted with a good description at a reasonable price. When you called the first question asked was is it a two door? After being assured it was, you drove to look at only to find a four door sitting in the driveway.

Of course we'd ask, "You said it was a two door on the phone?"

They typical response was, "Well yeah, two doors on each side."

I see that a lot.

what makes people think that's gonna change anyone's mind?

even on ads for clean cars.

I'd have a lot more respect if they just listed it as what it is.

To quote another board member: "4 Doors need love, too".

...plus they make wonderful sleepers for the family man. :thumbup:

I don't really have much love for the four door cars. Although I seen a few that are pretty cool and that I would drive.

Just get a little chuckle when they are priced higher than the 2 door cars and they put those front and back pictures. I see it actually quite often and just made me think. To get anyone to call you must have to leave out the pictures that clearly shows it is a 4 door car. Most do say they are 4 doors in the text. My theory is that most people just look at the picture and don't read the text. lol...

The guy probably listed in the Duster section because flee bay doesn't have Valiant section in the "what are you looking for" menu.

I got no problem with the ad doesn't really seem like anybodys trying to decieve anyone. But when I read the line "has small valve cover leak will be fixed if sold".I was thinking "yeah by the new owner"!

i think 4000 bucks is a little extreme for a four door valiant. ive seen real dusters in better shape for less.

Back in the day before digital cameras and the internet you had to look in the paper for cars. Inevitably you'd find the car you wanted with a good description at a reasonable price. When you called the first question asked was is it a two door? After being assured it was, you drove to look at only to find a four door sitting in the driveway.

Of course we'd ask, "You said it was a two door on the phone?"

They typical response was, "Well yeah, two doors on each side."

Hahaha I remember those days! Never had that happen to me though... very funny!

-
Back