Update- Member makes good on transaction.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at his seller rating 100%. Why don't people post negative feedback so all of us will see it. It just takes a few minutes.

This very crap is why I will not sell anything here. I have several parts I would like to sell...including a rusty 68 Valiant that needs to be parted out. I live an hour out of town. Try my damn best to go to town twice a week. Shipping **** will be a major pain in the ***. I refuse to deal with the whining of people because I won't spend $8 in fuel to ship out a $3 part the next day. And then have the buyer get on here and cry like a *****.
In case you haven't noticed...the state of Montana is on fire. Approaching a record amount of scorched earth. Over 1,000,000 acres have burned.
FB_IMG_1505225434455.jpg
FB_IMG_1504627024093.jpg

If i remember right Missola is in the area where there is nothing but fire markers. That is bigger than the state of Rhode Island. Perhaps him saving is home is a bit more important than your parts. This may come as a surprise to some of you but some of us value our property...and lives..far more than this effing cars....perhaps he said that he dropped the parts off at a UPS store just so you would stop harassing him because he is very busy dealing with a disaster that the federal government has yet to offer any funds. Perhaps the employees at the UPS store told you there was nothing waiting to be shipped because that is their policy. Perhaps the employee was to lazy to actually look.

I just looked at his seller rating 100%. Why don't people post negative feedback so all of us will see it. It just takes a few minutes.
Feedback system is a effing joke. Have purchased at least a dozen things yet I only have 4 (?) ratings. I purchased something from several folks hero, the now defunct Dillinger Chassis. When John sent me the part it was extremely poorly packed. I sent him a pm, explaining to him that I was employed by the USPS for 20 years. Seen tons of packages just like the one I received from him, destroyed thanks to the shipper not putting enough packing material in the box. Any open space now becomes a crumble zone. Apparently everyone's hero took offense and never left me feedback.
Feedback system only works if people take the time to use it...

My point exactly. I wouldn't have said anything but he had other problems dating back to 2014 and I don't think Montana has been burning for three years. I try to look at all the information before I post anything on these type of threads.

Feedback system is a effing joke. Have purchased at least a dozen things yet I only have 4 (?) ratings. I purchased something from several folks hero, the now defunct Dillinger Chassis. When John sent me the part it was extremely poorly packed. I sent him a pm, explaining to him that I was employed by the USPS for 20 years. Seen tons of packages just like the one I received from him, destroyed thanks to the shipper not putting enough packing material in the box. Any open space now becomes a crumble zone. Apparently everyone's hero took offense and never left me feedback.
Feedback system only works if people take the time to use it...
The feedback "system" here, on this forum SUCKS!!! @Joeychgo I hope you see this. It is too difficult to find the original post sometimes. Seems it would be easy, but it is not. Now I get the listing is free, so I dont expect very much.. JMO Love the site....

If i remember right Missola is in the area where there is nothing but fire markers. That is bigger than the state of Rhode Island. Perhaps him saving is home is a bit more important than your parts. This may come as a surprise to some of you but some of us value our property...and lives..far more than this effing cars....perhaps he said that he dropped the parts off at a UPS store just so you would stop harassing him because he is very busy dealing with a disaster that the federal government has yet to offer any funds. Perhaps the employees at the UPS store told you there was nothing waiting to be shipped because that is their policy. Perhaps the employee was to lazy to actually look.

It wouldn't be risking his life or property to refund the money, so those possible excuses don't fly.

The feedback "system" here, on this forum SUCKS!!! @Joeychgo I hope you see this. It is too difficult to find the original post sometimes. Seems it would be easy, but it is not. Now I get the listing is free, so I dont expect very much.. JMO Love the site....

And how would you improve it?

@inkjunkie , you make some good points, but it shows he has been on fabo multiple times since this started

That doesn't line up with your scenario

Maybe he is in Jail, DuI, Domestic squabble, vehicular homicide, fail to pay child support, barroom brawl, unpaid parking tickets, littering, jaywalking... ya never know, they lock a guy up for just about anything in some parts...

Maybe he is in Jail, DuI, Domestic squabble, vehicular homicide, fail to pay child support, barroom brawl, unpaid parking tickets, littering, jaywalking... ya never know, they lock a guy up for just about anything in some parts...

or maybe...

I got an update, and want to believe him. He had to repack the hogs head, and is going to send it out today, and send me a tracking number. More to that story, but I'll save it for now.

I got an update, and want to believe him. He had to repack the hogs head, and is going to send it out today, and send me a tracking number. More to that story, but I'll save it for now.

I wonder if he would have responded this fast if you didn't create this thread?? The force is strong.

He has sent a tracking number, along with pics of the shipping label. Tracking number doesn't show up in the system yet, but may not have had time to update overnight since we're 2 time zones apart. Will update later today.

July purchase, September shipping instantly after this thread................should he?
It reminds me of "Dogpile on the Rabbit" but hey I suppose public shaming is the norm? So now the guy is a deadbeat forever, and no one should buy any parts from him, even though no one really knows what his situation really was. I thought I saw he was living near some wild fires, but that doesn't matter, I suppose a guy who is flooded out in Houston should be sending parts in a timely manner also, or at least replying to his e-mails even though his computer is water logged, geez, tough crowd.....

Look at post #29. Fire didn't seem to be an issue.

If you're selling be prepared to ship. If you can't ship because life gets in the way.............COMMUNICATE.........honestly.

It was difficult for me to leave the first couple of times. Now, I just open two windows, copy and paste the url from one to the other to leave feedback. If feedback is left right away, the threads don't get lost in the shuffle.
  • I, too, have had several transactions and not been left feedback, and I believe it mostly because some may get frustrated after trying it for the first time and just say "ahhh, forget it".
  • As far as making it better, I'm not at all computer smart, so I'll just say eBay makes it very easy to leave feedback. Maybe a detailed "how to" thread on leaving feedback.?.? ...

May tag every post with the original post ID? Every reply, then would not have to look for the original post, The Meta Data would be there, but I'm not the guy to work out the details, I stopped programing with C. A LONG time ago....and I was not that good even then. Seems something can be done to try to protect the selling environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back