Update on Champion radiator

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Okay. Challengergary was great. The radiator is awesome. The fan assembly leaves something to be desired, but all in all it came together and I am happy. I have not driven it yet, so we'll have to see how it performs later. The minor gripe I have is not the radiator. It was supposed to be a close fit, but not exact. It was within a half in of exact. I'm very happy. The fan shroud does not fit the radiator, The fans are not installed on the shroud, there are no mounting holes for the fans in the shroud, the fans have male connectors but there are no female connectors, and there are absolutely no instructions. It cost me a lot of time figuring how to make it all work and fit together, but in the end it worked out and it looks great. Thanks Gary!
View attachment Radiator install.jpg

View attachment Radiator install 1.jpg

Put a HOT thermostat in it.
I have one with just the factory fan, and no shroud, 180 thermostat, and it takes forever to warm up.
15 miles running to get to 160 in 95 degree heat, refuses to over heat.
This is the first time I have anything good to say about off-shore products.
Nice install and pics.

Looks great! How about a billet overflow to top it off. That would look nice. IMO :)

Hey, so what part number and what are the specs on your radiator and fan assembly??
Thanks much for sharing your work. All this experience for us all to learn from..

Hey, so what part number and what are the specs on your radiator and fan assembly??
Thanks much for sharing your work. All this experience for us all to learn from..

CC374 3-row small block Mopar 26” radiator - $199 + $25 shipping
FS374/375 Custom Fan Shroud for dual electric fans + dual 12” electric fans - $155 + $25 shipping

The install was pretty simple. New holes to drill in upper radiator mount so I could use the car's existing mounting holes, and both lower mounting holes were new drilled through radiator and core support. If I was installing just the radiator it would have been mounted in minutes. The fans were a little more work. Eight holes drilled to mount the fans, then two more later for the wire grommets I used. I used 1/4-20 X 3/4" machine screws, lockwashers and nuts. I drilled new mounting holes in the shroud to match with the existing holes in the radiator, then used 1/4-20 speed clips that I ground a little shorter, and then 1/4-20 X 1/2" machine screws to mount it. I bought a GM alternator plug from Napa that had the male and female ends and wired both fans together and soldered them to the plugs for easy removal. Make sure you test the fans before hand as to which way you want them to spin. They can push or pull. The whole job with running parts and interruptions took the better part of a day. Having done it once, I could be in and out in a couple hours tops the next time. It looks very nice.

-
Back