Update on my 66 Valiant Gasser

-

BronxMopars1

Bronx Mopars! "No You Cant Join"
Reaction score
Sorry the pic's are a little out of order but I just figured out how to resize.

The motors in and mounted on the engine plate, and now its back out again.

The new roll bar done.

The fire wall and inner fenders are redone and seam sealed and awaiting paint.

The radiators been mounted.

And the Steering box, drag link, and steering column are all done.

Those of you with a keen eye will notice the steering box is a GM signaw (hey it worked, took up less room than the mopar box, and its a gasser the only rules are there are there are no rules, except its got to be pre 1970 to get used.)

And the one other sin is the motor is Chevy orange, two reasons for that shoot me if you want but its a nicer orange, and My Dad and friend Richie are huge Chevy guy's and the have helped me a ton on this so its my thank you to them.

With any luck ill have another update sooner than later.

316518143705_0_ALB.jpg

313938143705_0_ALB.jpg

160038143705_0_ALB.jpg

694287143705_0_ALB.jpg

711328143705_0_ALB.jpg

645297143705_0_ALB.jpg

152328143705_0_ALB.jpg

440187143705_0_ALB.jpg

534287143705_0_ALB.jpg

799367143705_0_ALB.jpg

Whooo Hooo that will be a very cool 66 gasser BronxMopars1 =P~
I have not kept up with your build . But you can count me in on this one for sure :cheers:

Its a gasser:-D the only rules are 8)there are there are no rules :cheers:

Thank you for sharing this very cool strait axle gasser with us.

Keep us updated =P~

cool! if i had a better place and better welding skills i would want to do the same thing to my 63 wagon. keep the pictures coming.

Very cool, also looks like your going for the altered wheelbase too. I dig these kind of cars, have one in the plans myself. Have the car, but the build will be on hold for another year probably. you can see it in my photogallery. Ill be following your build. and asking questions in future. good luck8)

I dig on it as well. Can't wait to see it out on the road, shredding the 'hides.

Welcome to the Society of Gasser/AWB Owners!!!

DSC_0018-vi.jpg

Where did you find those offset carb spacers? I thought someone was repoping them a while ago and I wanted some the T-rammed 360 thats going in my 53 Merc but I lost the link to them.

Offenhauser makes the "Ram Horn's" and there still avalible. They also have a linkage package to make things a little easier. Hey Funnycar Farmer that video you guy's made is great I bought it about 2 years ago and i'm deff following your directions when I move the back wheels. What headers are those on your Dart?

I almost forgot to thank my lovely lady. D-Rock. Thanks Diane. Without her help and motovation then I'd never get anything done.

558192642205_0_ALB.jpg

A salute to her from all of us as well!!

The first set is a hodge-podge of three different sets I cut and re-fabbed up. Currently, the are sitting on the side of the shed. Here is the new set I just made(actually the first set I"ve made from scratch, starting with nothing but bends). They are three stage headers. Took alot of time figuring out the right length's, I"m going to find out this Thursday night if it made any change at the track!!
DSC_0137-vi.jpg

DSC_0138-vi.jpg

Bronx, where did you find the headers to go around your leafs/frame and back in like that? Or am I just looking at it funny?
Also love the carb spacers. That thing is gonna be bad ***.
Keep posting progress pics.

The headers I have are old Hooker super comp's, FCF those look killer I hope they work. Thanks Guy's ill keep posting as we get stuff done.

Here are the only pic's I have of the headers right now, when I put the motor back in for the 100th time I'll take a few more pic's for you. And A big giant thank you to Leanna from Phoenix Specialty Coatings for doing such a great job on my valve covers and pulley's. And here's just a few pic's of the fire wall and inner fenders we made.

694287143705_0_ALB.jpg

801818143705_0_ALB.jpg

970108143705_0_ALB.jpg

854737143705_0_ALB.jpg

662247143705_0_ALB.jpg

373457143705_0_ALB.jpg

150667143705_0_ALB.jpg

549477143705_0_ALB.jpg

830877143705_0_ALB.jpg

Those Hookers are freakin over the top wild, Bronx!!!Bitchin!!!! By the way, good call on the Saginaw steering box. They make a good alternative to a stock box when removing the K-member. Plentiful, and still reasonably cheap. There is a guy up in New Jersey, building a Volare gasser (YUP!), and he used one of these to overcome his steering linkage issues. They work good when there are clearance issues!!

Dale

And A big giant thank you to Leanna from Phoenix Specialty Coatings for doing such a great job on my valve covers and pulley's. And here's just a few pic's of the fire wall and inner fenders we made.

You are VERY welcome Nick!!! It was my pleasure ... good quality parts and a customer who knows exactly what he wants help make my job a lot easier. Thanks for the confidence you've shown in my abilities! I look forward to working with you again.

What,s up BronxMopar1 ?Haven,t seen you around for a couple months.Are you busy working away on the Valiant?Are you in the HOOSECOW??Crowbar hotel??J/Kidding!

love that dart,,great job on the headers,,,

engine bay looking good on that valiant,,, keep the pics comming

Gotta love those 66 Valiants and Barracudas.

Very nice work Bronx

-
Back