Update on my gts.

-

Gtsjosh

Reaction score
Hi everyone. No real tech here but I figure I’d share an update to what I’ve been doing with the car since I introduced myself a month or two ago. The weathers been pretty good so I’ve gotten to put a couple of hundred miles on it. It’s been running and driving good. I need to get a temp gauge sorted out on it since the one in the cluster isn’t working.
I pulled the red steel wheels and had them coated black. Looks so much better in my opinion. I had some bfg tires in the shop so I cleaned up the letters and mounted those. Was able to put a 245/60/15 in the rear.

I also added the red gts stripe. This car is a stripe delete car with badges but I personally think having the stripe to match the badges rounds out the car and makes it stand out.

The front door handles were in bad shape so I replaced the bases and handles with parts from year one.

il have to tackle the dash next. The top of the dash is cracked in three places. Other than that the Interior is in pretty good shape.

I’ve also verified sure grip and 3.23 gears just by jacking it up and rotating.

E3C21159-62A8-4A4E-8319-4DAC5570EAE4.jpeg

BE70070A-5AD0-4B5B-B489-33411D8411C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Im assuming these gauges were added by a previous owner ? The mount plate didn’t look factory but the gauges match the ones in the instrument cluster closely so I wasn’t sure if the gts came with a couple of extra gauges. I was thinking about swapping the amp gauge for a water temp gauge since the amp gauge on my cluster works.

47C5FE87-192A-414E-AE58-AAD87783F3BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that's a nice car...very "rich" color combination. You might like the '69 GTS grill with it's black accents, they look nice!

Now that's a nice car...very "rich" color combination. You might like the '69 GTS grill with it's black accents, they look nice!
Thank you. My plan is to pull this grill , mask it off and paint it.

The car looks great. You might want to bypass that amp guage though, they are problematic.

eventually I want to get a high output alternator, I want to keep the stock stereo in the dash but hide a Bluetooth amp somewhere and put some good speakers in the dash and package tray so I’m thinking little more alternator might be needed.when I do that I’ll have to bypass it.

Hi everyone. No real tech here but I figure I’d share an update to what I’ve been doing with the car since I introduced myself a month or two ago. The weathers been pretty good so I’ve gotten to put a couple of hundred miles on it. It’s been running and driving good. I need to get a temp gauge sorted out on it since the one in the cluster isn’t working.
I pulled the red steel wheels and had them coated black. Looks so much better in my opinion. I had some bfg tires in the shop so I cleaned up the letters and mounted those. Was able to put a 245/60/15 in the rear.

I also added the red gts stripe. This car is a stripe delete car with badges but I personally think having the stripe to match the badges rounds out the car and makes it stand out.

The front door handles were in bad shape so I replaced the bases and handles with parts from year one.

il have to tackle the dash next. The top of the dash is cracked in three places. Other than that the Interior is in pretty good shape.

I’ve also verified sure grip and 3.23 gears just by jacking it up and rotating.

View attachment 1715862250

View attachment 1715862251
Car looks really good

-
Back