Update on the buried 57 Plymouth

-
YIKESS the protoype,,,,prowler >??? welded shut,,pressureized ,,wil it survive?????

wonder why no national media hoopla about that car,,,

thanks for the link,,,my favorite modern day car,,going under

I believe this is in a above ground vault.

YIKESS the protoype,,,,prowler >??? welded shut,,pressureized ,,wil it survive?????

wonder why no national media hoopla about that car,,,

thanks for the link,,,my favorite modern day car,,going under

If its pressurized and the pressure is monitored, there is no question in my mind that it will survive, military has been using pressurized containers for eons for long term storage of ammo and rockets., no chance of any moisture damage happening inside a pressurized vessel, unless the pressure drops back down to atmospheric pressure.

Man what are you GUYS saying! with Boyd and his FAMOUS CREW! They will change the oil and filter,install a new battery,pressure wash it, vacum it out real good and use a lilttle MEGUIARS QUICK DETAIL and that BABY WILL LOOK NEW! Will only take one maybe two episodes of BOYD AND DUMMIES to get this job done then it will be worth about $200,000.00! ROTFLMAO :bootysha:

I was there when they brought the car up and yes it was a mess but not as bad as you would think. My guess it was water tight, once the water got in it stayed..........LOL The vault was a last minute idea, don't know what the original idea was.

Sometime in the early 70's they had a water main break in the area but it might have already been under water. It had a couple of feet of dirt on top of it, a 3 piece concrete top that was sprayed with gunnite.

The winning guy passed away in the late 70's but a relative has come forward as the rules stated the car would go to the relative if the person had passed away. The car is to be soaking in a rust removal solution and they do think they will get it running, you can google Miss Belevdere and get more info

The Prowler is in a park a few miles for downtown it is actually above ground with dirt filled in around it. My guess it has drainage system

Picture from where I stood when they brought it up, the location of the Prowler, the vault the 57 was in, the 57 in side after the unveiling, POA group at the Tulsa car show saturday after they pulled the car up

We were there with the Prowler Owners Association for one of the events the group does. We had over 100 Prowlers in Tulsa for the celebration

I have not figured out how to put text with the picture

myspace.JPG

buriedcat2.JPG

vault.JPG

missbel.jpg

showcats.jpg

Wow, the thread just like the car is resurrected. Good question, I haven't heard a thing about it?

last thing i heard was,, it went to some company in new jersey,,,that claimed they have the magic potion. the car was to be dipped,,but never heard a word,,,some guy bought the car from the 2 remaining relatives of the winning ( dead ) guy that placed the correct info in the car when it was burried,,maybe some one intrested would google it and see what ever happened to it,,,

-
Back