Update on what has been going on, post house fire.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
Well, some time ago I said the wife and I got a house. We used the insurance money and paid cash for this little "Love Shack".

Below are some before and after pics. We have been doing a butt load of painting and I re-roofed the carport today.

The house is 1,100 square feet on an 8,700 square foot lot. Plenty big enough for the two of us.

It was built in 1969 and we want it to look like it did in 1969.

But.... We will be adding a detached garage that matches the house.

Best of all........ No house payment to worry about.

Before......
11310607_0.jpg

So far.......
100_2115.jpg

100_2111.jpg

100_2095.jpg

Great work!! Love the carport as well. Love to have one of the beers in the cooler...ah never mind American beer has less alcohol than our water...LOL

The neighbors are lucky to have you and the wife there. Looks great and it will look even more like 1969 when your car is parked in the carport. What happen to the old house after the fire? Do you still own it or was the property turned over to insurance company?

The neighbors are lucky to have you and the wife there. Looks great and it will look even more like 1969 when your car is parked in the carport. What happen to the old house after the fire? Do you still own it or was the property turned over to insurance company?

We were renting and had renters insurance.

The owners are rebuilding.

Nice job with the house there!

I hope nothing irreplacble was lost during the fire..

glad to hear you had the insurance, to many renter dont have it. My mother had a house fire and insurance really paid off in rebuilding, providing temporary housing, and replacing household content.

Great job on the house! If you were able to get a house from what you lost in the fire, you have lost lost some seriously important stuff. Sorry to hear about that but cheers to a new beginning.

Great job on the house! If you were able to get a house from what you lost in the fire, you have lost lost some seriously important stuff. Sorry to hear about that but cheers to a new beginning.

We lost about everything. One big thing was my music collection. 600 vinyl albums 500 CDs.

When the albums went up they puked black smoke throughout the house but the actual fire was limited to only about 1/4 of the structure.

The house we bought was a foreclosure. It was very inexpensive for our area.

That's a nice house. Yall are doin a great job with it too. Love the carport. Sorta gives me some ideas for out patio.

Good for you. Having lost everything in a house fire in 2008 and having no renters insurance it has been an uphill battle for my family and I to claw back.

house looks great-- nice improvement over the before picture. nice to have a place called home!! thanks for sharing ,Lawrence

That's a nicehouse you got there. Itr looks vintage too and I like the idea of no payments..... Good luck with it.

What a great job :hello2: and the two colors sure make the house look beautiful :blob:
I see allot of work and well thought out, I love a house with good over hang
The car port cover is ready to be enjoyed :toothy4:
If my wife and I had it she would demand it to be turned into a green house.
Congratulations on the no payment's, looks like a love home to me ain't no shack in the new pictures I am looking at :toothy4:
Yall did a great job Now!! be honest :glasses3: Who was the one with the good taste and artistic skills that picked the perfect colors ?
Enjoy that great home 1968FormulaS340:hello2:

I love the fact that there are no payments! congrats to you on your new home!

-
Back