Updating the radio in a 1970 Dodge Dart with standard dash

-

DaisyDart

Reaction score
I have a 1970 Dart Swinger with the standard dash and I would like to update the radio to play some kind of removable media like USB or Ipod without cutting the original dash bezel to change the radio. After doing some research and looking at sites like Retrosound I see there is no direct replacement for the 1970 Radio and after some googling I see there are people who are able to retrofit the cars original AM radio to have a new amplifier and connect to the radios original buttons and tuner. Has anyone done something similar with their cars or found a solution to update or change the radio for something that looks reasonably close to the original and plays removable media?

This is what my dash bezel looks like,

_1_zpswy7d2rha.jpg

And this is what my radio looks like, thanks for your help.

g269_zpsnemyekfc.jpg

http://www.retromanufacturing.com/pages/radios

Dad n I sent his factory am fm to Wards radio in Alabama to get updated with aux jack for mp3. It cost $400 US.

RetroSound claims to be coming out with a Mopar radio the Redondo. It has the buttons split from the face like stock. You can find it on classic industries website. It was announced last year at one of the big auto events and has a youtube clip. Still shows on back order though. I myself have an order in waiting for them to be released with the special they were running over black Friday.

-
Back