Upholstery for 2dr and 4dr sedans

-

rdr838

440 Magnum
Reaction score
Hi!

My '68 Dart 2dr sedan has a rear bench out of a '72 Duster in it, the square bottom part, not the rounded ones as you'd expect in four-doors.

I was dumb enough not to think about that difference when ordering new seat covers. The description of the seat covers read "1968 Dart / Valiant 100 2 Or 4 Door Sedan Black Vinyl Rear Seat Upholstery". Of course it doesn't fit the Duster 2dr lower part (backrest worked like a charm)

I'm thinking of calling the seller to find a solution but would like to be sure that their description must be off. Can someone confirm that 68 Dart 2dr sedans originally came with the square-type 2dr rear seats? I mean why would they have put 4dr rear seats in a 2dr...

4GSSth.jpg

Thank you, yes, that looks like rounded off seats like the ones I'd expected in a 4 door. So maybe there were 4 door seats in 2dr sedans from the factory?!

Sounds like it, huh? The only other 67+ A body I've had was a 72 Duster, and I honestly don't recall which one it had. I'm thinking the squared off version.

Yes, the 2 door sedans '67 to '69 had the 4 door rounded bottom rear seat.
Actually, all a 2 door sedan in those years was a converted 4 door.
So.......... the windshield, rear window, roof, rear seat, trunk lid, and front clip are the same as a 4 door.

Alright, so I‘ll need a 4-door seat core. Shouldn‘t be impossible, even over here.
Thank you two!

-
Back