Upper A-arm bolt removal

-
I love never sieze! Used it on the lug nuts and contact points of the rims on the Dart about 12 years ago. Havent had to fight to get a tire/rim off yet and the car has been sitting for a LONG time.

I love never sieze! Used it on the lug nuts and contact points of the rims on the Dart about 12 years ago. Havent had to fight to get a tire/rim off yet and the car has been sitting for a LONG time.

It's one of those things that everyone knows what it is but not many people use it. Once you do thou, your hooked!

May I jump in here again..shouldn't you be using blue or red locker than never seize...you don't want those bolts loosening ???..or does this stuff do other things..

I used blue on just about every bolt on the kids mx bikes..even with that..we would lose the occasional kick start or foot peg...ever see a bike jumping w/o two foot pegs...

Ian.

I've never lost a wheel due to never sieze if thats what your asking. Never lost a single bolt period.

I also use it on the door pins etc.

Back in the 50's, my dad once had a rear wheel pass him on the highway !

Ian.

We never get snow in Vancouver:-\"

snowstormChristmas2008022.jpg

There was no way mine were coming off they were rusted solid in there.

I suffered, struggled, and cursed with my '68 Barracuda as well. I cut half of the bolts (ie: one each of each) with a wheel but had to borrow an oxy-acetylene torch for the other half because of the poor access.

I let my mechanic fight with replacing the bushings in the control arm and he did NOT have fun with them. Good thing he is also a Barracuda fan. The new bolts went in just fine thereafter.

I purchased the new bolts at Just Suspension in NC. The part number is 15115 and it was $136 USD for the set of 4, plus shipping and currency exchange. If you can get some from a FABO member at a better price, do so!!

http://www.justsuspension.com/

I've never lost a wheel due to never sieze if thats what your asking. Never lost a single bolt period.

I also use it on the door pins etc.

Bolts stay put if you torque them properly since you stretch them. The never seize just makes it so you can loosen them when the time comes.

Thats why I buy Rust free cars only every bolt comes off easy,but I pay good money for it.

I hear ya, but- where's the fun in that???:banghead::violent1::tard:

do u have a air chesall try vibrating them they may loosed up some there a pen.spary we use at work hard to find i think it,s call kroly. i will get the real name to day but my friend dad work at the mortane salt companty and the salt just froze up any thing. als

The penetrant you're thinking of may be KROIL. It is great stuff. I use it and highly recommend it. You can get it on the web if not in your local parts store. Stuff doesn't make much sense to big box part stores as I've never seen it there.

I've never tried it, but I wonder if slopping a bunch of grease all over the threaded end of the bolt might help prevent rust of a good set up. Cosmoline works, but it is a PITA to remove.

I purchased the new bolts at Just Suspension in NC. The part number is 15115 and it was $136 USD for the set of 4, plus shipping and currency exchange. If you can get some from a FABO member at a better price, do so!!

Really wow

-
Back