Upper and lower control arms

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
A body upper and lower control arms.

Are they all interchangeable and able to be mix and matched? Pre 72 to say 65 is what I'm questioning regardless if they were 9", 10" drums or disc brake?

I'm thinking just the lower ball joint is specific to the spindle that is being used and the arms are all mix and match prior to the big upper ball joint year cars in 73 and later

I believe pre 74 to 67 are interchangeable. 66 and earlier are different.

I thought 66 and earlier control arms were the same and just the car itself and K member were different. Can anybody verify this.

i used 74 upper control arms , spindle and lower ball joints on my 65 dodge dart and used wilwood disc brake kit as well. i did have to grind off of the stop that is cast in the lower ball joint so the steering would turn properly. i think i should have used the stock lower ball joint instead of the newer lower ball joint. I rebuilt the front suspension. new bushings, both ball joints, strut bars, pins for the lower control arm to the k frame,pitman arm, idler arm and tie rod ends. i used moog parts. Bradley

IMG_0283.JPG

i used 74 upper control arms , spindle and lower ball joints on my 65 dodge dart and used wilwood disc brake kit as well. i did have to grind off of the stop that is cast in the lower ball joint so the steering would turn properly. i think i should have used the stock lower ball joint instead of the newer lower ball joint. I rebuilt the front suspension. new bushings, both ball joints, strut bars, pins for the lower control arm to the k frame,pitman arm, idler arm and tie rod ends. i used moog parts. Bradley

did you use the lower control arm from the 74 or from the 65?

There is a difference between the 9" upper ball joint and the 10"/disc upper ball joint. Know what brakes you what to use, and find the correct upper control arm to fit. All other dimensions are the same.

-
Back