Upper Control Arm Eccentric / Cam bolt location

-

CudaChris67

Reaction score
Hello- While cleaning up and painting the upper control arm cam bolts, I noticed two are stamped with an "A" and another "B" and another "C".

Upper control arms and bolts are from a 73 Duster, going on my 67 barracuda for disc brake conversion.

Are these marks to locate the cams L/R and F/R?

:scratch:

The markings lead me to believe there is a front or rear common on each side (A) and b and c for left and right in the other position. Searches here and on google reveal nothing. Does anyone know if these markings are meaningful?

Thanks! -Chris

I can't help with the marking but will add that when I bought "NEW" ones from NAPA they had no identifying marks for location referencing....that being said it would lead me to believe it doesn't matter which one goes where...

Thanks Ross. I suspected so, no mention in the FSM. But is it odd...why bother stamping them differently? The letters are oriented differently in relation to the bolt head, maybe some sort of initial alignment while they were being assembled?

Maybe a line worker knows...

Attachments

• CIMG2441.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 188
  • CIMG2442.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 210
I think you're onto something with the clocking of the cams for initial alignment on the assembly line........

Only the factory cam bolts have those stampings to my knowledge.

I think you're onto something with the clocking of the cams for initial alignment on the assembly line........

Only the factory cam bolts have those stamping to my knowledge.

Making a big assumption that the Chrysler worker back then knew the alphabet

is it possible prior aftermarket work stamped them?

-
Back