upper shock mount fitment issues with turbos

-

440dart123

Reaction score
I have a 65 dart that iam looking for some help with, i was going to use magnum manifolds and they will fit with very little effort but i found a set of headers on a truck in my salvage yard off a magnum everything is in the same location but the tubes stick out alot further and wont fit because it hits right where the uppershock mount is.

Do any of you have any ideas on what i could do to make these fit i was thinking of cutting out the inner fenders but it sounds like i would need to a cage can i get away with just tieing the front to the firewall any ideas ???? Iam not opposed to putting in a cage just wanting to get this going and tuned with as very little cosmetic work as possible

Reminds me of being in high school and friend got a set of headers for a 340 motor from a challanger to put on his dart, could have been done but way more work then new headers.

The early Hemi cars had the passenger side shock tower inverted to clear the valve cover for removal because of engine off set.Check on FBBO as someone may have photos.It may allow you to keep your innerfenders and give you more room on both sides.Sounds like alot of work but so does cutting out the innerfenders making new shock mounts and bracing or caging the car. Just a thought.

I found this photo. May be hard to see. looks like it is lower on the pass side by 2 maybe 3 inches. Again just a thought.......

Attachments

• Copy of savoy5.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 136
My Dart had the right inner fender tweaked a bit, just in case. The upper mount is still in its original place, just had a bit of metal removed....

So in that pic it looks like they just lowerd it a bit that might be something i could look at doing and i will look up the inverted setup thanks for the thoughts

-
Back