Uremco’s Holley 1920. Just don’t do it.

-
1920 from the factory are trash, I had two and they are Holleys worst effort.

What happens if I leave the float spring out? I don’t see a hole for the end of the spring to go in. Probably why it was flopping around and jammed the float open.

I have been daily driving with the original 1920 on the car. It runs overly rich and I get soot when it’s cold. After that, it does ok but leaks fuel on to the manifold after I shut the car off. Appears the bowl cover was warped at some point.

What happens if I leave the float spring out? I don’t see a hole for the end of the spring to go in. Probably why it was flopping around and jammed the float open.

I have been daily driving with the original 1920 on the car. It runs overly rich and I get soot when it’s cold. After that, it does ok but leaks fuel on to the manifold after I shut the car off. Appears the bowl cover was warped at some point.
I loaned my brother my duster with a 1920. I was so rich that
After a month it washed the rings, case of the old purified oil before he drove 200 moles home

The spring keeps a little tension on the float arm so going over bumps does not make the float go wild. Sometimes carbs catch real hell when they are shipped. I bought a brand new Holley back in 1978 from a local parts store. I installed it, left the air cleaner off and cranked the engine for about 30 seconds to fill the bowl. All of a sudden fuel started shooting out of the front vent tube straight up! Think it shot about 2 feet into the air and hit the hood. Took the front bowl off and found the float arm was jammed in the full up position, which I assumed was from rough shipment. It can happen!

-
Back