US Car Tool K Frame Installer

-
Looks like it would work. Needs brakes and you could for sure build one for a lot less

I made my own out of some 2x4 c-channel I had laying around, and some casters. I treid using uprights into the holes in the k-member, but the motor mounts(older biscuit style) where flexing so I laid the kmember on the cart on some 4x6 wood, the only problem i ran into was the piece of wood the tailshaft was sitting on hit the transmission tunnel so I had to move the wood.

Did mine with a 4x6 wood in an I frame configuration on wheels.

Whatever works for your budget! Going in from under, fully assembled saves time and scratches on your fresh paint!!

I can't figure out from their tiny photos where the dumb thing hooks to the K frame?

Attachments

• DSC_5319Large.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 385
  • dscn0621.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 348
Kinda crude, but put casters on it and making it big enough for a run stand too. Pretty cheap date really..

Attachments

• 20160118_144525.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 376
Kinda crude, but put casters on it and making it big enough for a run stand too. Pretty cheap date really..

Have you used that? What I see as a problem is you cannot get the attaching bolts into the car frame?

Maybe the pins on the cartool one goes in the holes where the sway bar brackets go?

The K-Frame already has the locating holes in it for the pins.

I used some all thread on my wood jig and it worked just fine to anchor the K-Frame for engine and transmission assembly!

-
Back