US Cartool frame connectors

-

cuda67

Reaction score
US Cartool frame connectors

I did some checking with the frame connectors today. A little tweaking and fitting, as suggested by US is, to say the least, an understatement. After crawling under the car and creeping around, with the frame connectors, I think I'll take the interior out and pay somebody to fit and weld. There is more than minor fitting to be done. I consider a little tweaking, some grinding to acheive a fit and maybe sime minor cuts. What I see, so far, is cutting about four inches from the length and some additional notching and grinding before you can even begin to acheive a fit to the floor pan. I am not saying that they won't work, I am sure that they will, but laying on your back on a creeper is not going to do this. I see alot of fitting and trimming ahead that will require crawling in and out from under the car more times than I want to do it. If I had a lift it would be a totally different story, still alot of fit and trim, but entirely different from trying to fit laying on your floor. I also see at least some interference with the brake line. It is new stainless steel and I hate to bend it to re-route.

The quality of the frame connectors is great, but I think that these would be best described as a universal frame connector rather that specifially for any particular A body. The truth of the matter is that the paperwork that came with them states that these will fit A 67-75, B 66-70, E 70-74 body. Like I said, I am sure that they will work great, but if you do not have a lift or access to one, you may as well farm this job out and try to save some by doing most of the prep work.

I wasn't able to come by Sat,I ran out of time.Are you North of Knights Griffin? On my way to Brandon yesterday i turned onto McIntosh heading South and noticed the address was like 12000 and went down. Maybe we can get together another day.

Roy, It was kind of hectic yesterday with the funeral and all. Yes, I live north of Knights Griffin about 1 mile. My house is on the west side of the street. I would like to get with you sometime. I read your posts all the time.

Us Cartool frame connectors, I work at Us Cartool and if you have some problems with the fitment there are a few ways to make the framerail installation a snap. The best way to fit the framerail connectors is trace the framerail itself on a long piece of cardboard. and cut out the template. then get under the car with some scissors and trim the template where necessary. then when the carboard fits go ahead and trace the template on the metal framerail and you can grind accordingly. any questions feel free to call us, we love to help, we all love cars just as much as our customers....

I just welded in the passenger side one today from US car tool on my 73' duster, I had to do little to no fitting trimmed 1 maybe 2 spots and it fell right into place. Only real cutting I had to do was to make a small hole for the e-brake cable to pass through.

-
Back