US Indy slots...man I love these wheels...

-

67dartgtgo

Reaction score
Man I love these wheels but it seems the only size that may work on the front of my '67 Dart in a 15" diameter with a workable backspace is 8" wide. So does anyone have 15x8's with a 4.5" backspace on the front of their '67/8 or 9 Dart? If so what tire are you running here that isn't rubbing. I also have a front sway bar to consider.
These wheels are:
15x8, 4.5 backspace with +1mm offset and seem like they would fit pretty well however they also make a 15x8, 4" backspace, -12mm offset which I believe would stick out too far based on my FABO research.
They do also make a 15x7 but it only has a 3.75" backspace and a gain confidence isn't high on good fitment.
Thanks gang.

Attachments

• Indy-500.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 371
Those have always been one of my favorite wheel choices too. You don't see them that often anymore. I couldn't say for certain but the 8" width seems pretty wide for the front.

US Mags just started making them again just a short while back. Summit carries them now too. I've always loved the look and these have the slot flats polished too. Very cool I think.

Back 'in the day' I ran them on a '70 Camaro and at one time on my '70 Roadrunner.

I have been running the ETII slots since the 70s. My favorites, too. Currently running 5x4, 14x7s on front, maybe 3.5b.s.? on my 68 S-clone.
If you try to run too much b.s. on these early As the rim will hit the upper BJ. A 15 is better, but you still run out of room in a hurry. A ran a 15x8 inch Wheel Vintiques Rallaye wheel for a summer a few years ago. I think it was a 4 inch b.s. I had to do some "clearancing". The tire wanted to hit the inner fender/frame at the rear as well, at full lock.That was a steel wheel. Aluminum would not have worked.
With the 8 wide, and a 245/50-15 rubber, I also had to trim the fender for turning clearance.The bottom front corner. A little wedge, about 1 inch at the bottom ,tapering to 0 about 3 inches up.
I recommend you jack your car up and measure ,very,very carefully.

There is a Chinese version of these on Ebay, they make 16s and 17s as well...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 292
Thank you OMM...that's exactly what I was thinking. Limit the risk all around without guessing.
Thanks for spending the time checking. I was scratching my head pretty good here.
You are a righteous dude....:coffee2: time.

-
Back