v-8 gas pedal/cable setup wanted....

-

Optik

Reaction score
hi! i'm looking for a v-8 gas pedal for my 64 dart. converted from /6 to v-8 but can't seem to find a satisfactory solution to the throttle linkage issue. how have you v-8 swappers solved this problem? i really could use some good ideas or a stock part. if you've got the part and wanna sell, my email is [email protected]
thanks!!!
-tim

I used the stock early stuff on my conversion, but I have read here were guys use the later style a-body firewall mount throttle assy and just removed the pedal so the stock floor mount pedal pushed on the firewall bracket lever. My 16 yr old son did this same thing on his '54 Dodge truck that has the floor pedal and it works good.

Chuck

I went with a street rodder type pedal assembly. Kinda like a early spoon lokar one. It has a pivot with bushings you mount to the firewall or floor and a splined shaft to make your adjustments.

Thee's one on ebay that will end in a day or so - No. 330170963865. Not mine, but if you need one . . . .

I just went to the junkyard and got one off of a 66 barracuda v8 I think it's just a braket and cable it's real easy to assemble once you hold it up to the firewall there is already spots to drill it's easy

I just went to the junkyard and got one off of a 66 barracuda v8 I think it's just a braket and cable it's real easy to assemble once you hold it up to the firewall there is already spots to drill it's easy

Go Back and grab the centerlink, someone will want it for sure.

Thee's one on ebay that will end in a day or so - No. 330170963865. Not mine, but if you need one . . . .

I had the one on ebay..it lined up with existing holes in firewall..no drilling on a 65 anyway. I also compared it to the link I pulled off the 65 and although they are different in where they mount and how the link hooks up to the pedal, the length and end result appears to be the same.

Dave

-
Back