V/R on rallye dash

-

EL5DEMON340

Reaction score
I know its in the fuel guage, what does it knock out when bad? the fuel and temp only? my demons aMp and oil psi work, just no signal to the temp sender and fuel sender. i have got a spare fuel guage when i hook two 1.5 in series it moves to almost half kind of herky/ jerky though, any good way to clean out the guage mechanicals?

The amp gauge isn't tied in with the other 3. If the oil pressure gauge works the limiter is working. Smooth needle movement is hard to maintain when servicing and adjusting these gauges.
Sometimes the gauges are just loose. The threaded studs that hold them in are also their connections.

ok i'll try to tighten the conections, can i do this buy removing the bezel and wiggling the gauges forward. Thanks

disconnect the negative battery cable ! Lower the steering column. Remove all the bezel screws, radio knobs, etc.. If you can pull some slack in the speedo cable from under the car, you might reach in and tighten the gauges. I really doubt it and wouldn't recommend it. Best plan is just take the panel to the workbench. Good luck either way.

-
Back