V8 Gas Peddles

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested I was up at Wildcat AutoWreaking on Friday and they have a box of early A body V8 gas throttle pieces and several of the peddles themselves. They quoted me $125 for the set.

John

I guess going out there is the only way to get a part. I called them and told them what I needed, they said they would call back by the next day. Never called. I called them again, told them what happened before, they appologized and said they'd call me by the next day. They never did call back, and neither did I.

I know that these parts are getting harder to find but ouch that it a few bucks.

Chuck

I guess going out there is the only way to get a part. I called them and told them what I needed, they said they would call back by the next day. Never called. I called them again, told them what happened before, they appologized and said they'd call me by the next day. They never did call back, and neither did I.

I've been dealing with them going on 20 years. They have always been a good source for parts especially the early A bodies. When I was up there several weeks ago I noted that they now have new call takers. Dennis Beard had to leave due to health reasons. He was the best go-to-guy they had. I think Ed, the owner is really responsive from my experience. Not trying to be the Wildcat chear leading squad but if you were to give it another try ask to speak directly to Ed and if you do talk with Ed let him know of the poor response you got from his employees. I'm sure he would like to know.

That is a little high, or are prices getting that bad, I bought one from them about 10 years ago and it cost $25. I only go there for stuff can't find anywhere else as they are higher than most places, but I do have ot agree that Ed is the man ot talk to if you need anything. Always very helpful.

That is a little high, or are prices getting that bad, I bought one from them about 10 years ago and it cost $25. I only go there for stuff can't find anywhere else as they are higher than most places, but I do have ot agree that Ed is the man ot talk to if you need anything. Always very helpful.

Yes they are a little spendy but given that you can't find these parts growing on trees I guess that's the breaks.

shouldnt be criticizing and should have said thanks for the tip. sorry,i dont know where my heads at sometimes

shouldnt be criticizing and should have said thanks for the tip. sorry,i dont know where my heads at sometimes

No offense taken, I just want those who may be looking a chance to pick one up.

ok guys, im curious. what the difference in gas pedals? didnt know there was such a thing. what makes them so rare? any pics?

Ten years ago. Think back and remember what everything else was tgen years ago. A house in my area would have bee 100k now it 450k!!!!

Things go up.

Hello All,
Josh here from Wildcat Auto Wrecking. We only have a couple of the conversions left. Price is $125.00 plus shipping. As you allready know they only came on 64 to 66 V8 equiped A-bodies and most of those were 6cyl equiped cars, so not really the easiest parts to find, especially a good pedal. Feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Josh

Hello All,
Josh here from Wildcat Auto Wrecking. We only have a couple of the conversions left. Price is $125.00 plus shipping. As you allready know they only came on 64 to 66 V8 equiped A-bodies and most of those were 6cyl equiped cars, so not really the easiest parts to find, especially a good pedal. Feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Josh

In addition to the V8 equipped 64-66s, they also were found on 6 cylinders with factory air. Haven't seen too many of those either.

What's different between a 6 cyl and v8 gas pedal? Can't imagine why they would make them different.

FWIW, when I swapped the \6 to v8 I used the pedal that was in the car and it works just fine.

Thank you 65 Dartman, I didn't know this. My 66 has factory air and this is a part that I though I needed. You saved me some dough and some searching.:cheers:

Thank you 65 Dartman, I didn't know this. My 66 has factory air and this is a part that I though I needed. You saved me some dough and some searching.:cheers:
I parted out a 66 GT with factory AC and it had the cable throttle linkage and "V8" gas pedal. The non-AC slants used a rotating rod assembly and the gas pedals were totally different from V8's//6 AC

Oh!! you are talking about early a-bodies only! The 67+ A-bodies used a cable whether it was a \6 or a v8, the cable length was different between \6, 2bbl v8 and 4bbl v8 but as far as I know the pedal assembly was the same.

This pedal MIGHT be for an A Body. I'd have a couple of questions for this vendor: Is this pedal for an A or B Body. B's are definitely different (just looked at my 65 parts book). I'd want to see a photo of the back side. The one everyone is looking for has a hard piece of plastic molded into the back side at the top

Edit: just took another look at this auction and I suspect they're probably for a B Body as he mentions Max Wedge, Polara, Savoy, etc. He does mention Plymouth Dart??? Maybe 62 Dart which is a B Body. I did ask him to clarify useage and to post a photo of the back side

2nd edit: Vendor of these pedals just emailed me and confirmed they are for a B body.

I parted out a 66 GT with factory AC and it had the cable throttle linkage and "V8" gas pedal. The non-AC slants used a rotating rod assembly and the gas pedals were totally different from V8's//6 AC

The 64 I am working onb had the throttle rod so I had to go to the cable. Ir was a S/6, 3 on the tree car

-
Back