v8 k frame

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
Im in the process of swapping my slant 6 k frame to a small block k frame on my 69 dart. The trouble im having is getting the passenger side torsion bar put in. I got the drivers side bar in easy, but on the passenger side I have to undo the upper ball joint to get torsion bar lined up with lower control arm then when i put bar thru it doesn't go on so easy. Is it ok when there is no movement in lower control arm when torsion bar is on. My drivers side had a nice wiggle to it. Thanks dustin

I dont see any responses to your questions. Have you figured it out yet? There should not be any "nice wiggle" unless you have loosened the nut on the front of the pin, or are you talking about lateral movement at the balljoint end? Movement at the end may be Ok,but the strut-rod should prevent that. All in all, it sounds like a missallignment of the sockets. Barring crash-damage, I have seen failed or separated welds at the inner fender apron or stub frames do this. I have heard of failed welds at the rear socket or front pin-tube in the K-frame. I have seen LCA bushings so soft or worn that the pin was almost touching the bushing shell. Worn out strutrod bushings or a bent rod. I have seen broken T-bars but never a bent one. Also, remember that these bars need to be correctly oriented front to rear and side to side. The 6 cyl and 318 bars are pretty soft. The .892 bars are Ok, but the 1.03 are much better and well worth it. Hope this helps, AJ...... PS; you did back off the adjusters all the way, right?

-
Back