Vacation to the Island!

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
Hey all you Fabo guys on the coast and the Island! Looks like we will be able scrape enough money together for a trip to see my Dad. Lives in Courtenay now with my Bro and I haven seen him in 5 years. The last time I saw him my son was 6 weeks old and is now 5. Tooooo long. I love the grumpy old curmudgeon...

Im interested in meeting some of you folks! This trip should happen by July.

Long Island?

Other coast.He means Vancouver Island which is off the west coast of Canada.

I'm in Victoria if you're passing through here.I should have my Road Runner on the road by then and maybe the Dart.I can take you for a tour of the city if you like.

I'm in Victoria if your here on a Saturday we can go to the local weekend spot usually a hundred or so cars come through there in the mid summer it's a great place to grab a burger and see some cars , being from Ontario mostly myself I am still impressed by some of the stuff thats on this little Island {have you ever seen a real Sunbeam Tiger ? how about several lined up together ? } ,let us know when your coming for sure and we'll something for you and the family to do for sure

Other coast.He means Vancouver Island which is off the west coast of Canada.

OOoooooo, thanks, not exactly a whole-lotta islands in the US's East coast.
That's OK, you all can stop by anyways ;)

Yes I meant Vancouver island rumble,lol! Sorry for the confusion! Guys the offers sound great! I only have a Grand Caravan on the road right now,so no cool Dart to show up in.

I will have the wife and kids with me. Dad is 77 and kinda used to being on his own so we will defintely need to get out of his hair. The new inland highway makes zipping up and down the island very fast and I sure will be able to come down to Victoria or wherever!

Man Im getting excited ! This is the first positive thing to happen for me in a looooooooong time.

67gtconvert a tour sounds awesome!

Canucky I've only ever seen one sunbeam tiger. A Saturday hanging out with car guys will be VERY cool!

70dartmike,maybe we could all meet at this weekend hangout cannucky is talking about!

I spent many memorable summer vacations on the island in my youth,but this one is shaping up to be awesome!

Hey, it's cool that you can make it over here to see your Pops.

I'm just five minutes or so south of Courtenay, so you'll have to stop by.

I might even make the trip down to Victoria. The Dart is running fine, but still has the 273 in her, the stroker isn't finished yet. Maybe by July?

PM me when you have all of the details.

this is starting to sound like a happening event ,I went to the show and shine tonight { it's a Saturday evening thing } and there were 2 dusters and a finned taillight fury sport of unknown year , plus 1 tiger and 1 Judge ragtop and 2 Avantis mixed in with all the dueces, cansos ,acadians, pickemups etc ,about 50 or more cars of all flavors it's a friendly scene didn't see 65Val but he usually shows up along with a few others from FABO who are more lurkers than posters here ,I'm sure there will be something else going on while your here as well ,the Island has a lot of open shows but really needs a mopar organization of some sort .

I love the old 50's Fury. Actually own a copy of Christine,lol! Def tell 65Val im coming down.I havent heard from him in a while.

Dont plan too much for me guys. I may or may not be able to do it all.Been working hard at the pool but it only goes so far.Please take no offence! I have had hard lessons regarding limitations. Tough to swallow but whats a poor fella to do?

Go for a burn in a mopar to the ISLAND!!

Que the reggai....

we'll try to limit the festivities to the free stuff most of us have had some belt tightening around here as ourselves the past year so no explanations needed , I was just suggesting in my usual mouth full of marbles way that the Island has a pretty full calender of shows so no matter which week you come there should be somewhere we can all get together for a meet and greet , the only Mopar only show I know of on the island is the Parksville Chrysler show and shine on July 18 , one of these day's i'll figure out how to get the pics off my phone so I can post a few here lol

Cool man. I was more referring to physical limitations,but money is always a factor these days too.

Im really excited! SOOOO looking forward to this trip! Talk about killing many birds with one stone. My Dad,brother and family,Uncle,Aunt and two cousins live on the island.They all have family kids etc,so it should be a wonderfull family reunion.

My memories are full of fondly remembered trips to the Island in my youth. We spent many a summer vacation on the beaches,hiking,camping,fishing you name it we did it.

I love the island....

Hey Paul...and the Island Gang....If you're out around the weekend of July 18th, there's the Parksville Chrysler show on July 18th.. We could all meet there and have a blow-out!!!!

Update...Seems Chris has already suggested that.....should read ALL the replys before I start typing!

-
Back