Vacuum advance on this Holley R80069

-

Reaction score
Not sure what the original carb number was but Im pointing to the vacuum port that went to the advance on my dist. This new carb that Ive installed has a port there but its much smaller and I cant necessarily feel any vacuum putting my fingers over it.

Can someone tell me where I should be getting what I need from this new carb?

Thanks

Picture 294.jpg

Picture 295.jpg

Picture 296.jpg

Picture 297.jpg

Picture 297.jpg

Picture 298.jpg

Picture 299.jpg

Last edited:
Hook the vacuum advance to a port ABOVE the throttle plates. You don't want manifold vacuum on the VA.

So hook it to whatever port does not have vacuum at idle.

If that is the right port, it won't have any vacuum on it at idle. It only produces vacuum when the throttle is open under load; i.e., while driving. It is called ported vaccum.

If that is the right port, it won't have any vacuum on it at idle. It only produces vacuum when the throttle is open under load; i.e., while driving. It is called ported vaccum.
I'm thinking that side port is for some other vac system (not sure). First I would see if there is another port on the base that is ported (no vac at idle) to use for the can

Hook the vacuum advance to a port ABOVE the throttle plates. You don't want manifold vacuum on the VA.

So hook it to whatever port does not have vacuum at idle.

I see, just now figured out what I needed to understand, if I hooked it up to a port below throttle plates than I would have vacuum at idle ( which only makes sense ) and of course I do not want this.

Thanks, this was a big help for me.

Can you tell me how I would test a port above throttle plates to see if that port produces enough vacuum to move the diaphragm?

I'm thinking that side port is for some other vac system (not sure). First I would see if there is another port on the base that is ported (no vac at idle) to use for the can
I understand, see my post above about testing these ports to determine which would produce sufficient vacuum. Thanks again

-
Back