Vacuum lines

-

mopar951

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a question I have a 1970 duster with ac and I have three vacuum lines that are coming out of the firewall and I would like to know where they go ?

That's what I'm looking for but can u send me that pic again to my phone cuz it's hard to zoom in on that pic my num is 951 275 2151

The service manual didnt have any other good pictures. I do have a pic of my car, I will send it over in a text soon.

From what I can see and recall, One larger vacuum line ran from the canister to the vacuum fitting on the intake (stayed in the engine bay). Thru the fire wall, one line went to the heater hose valve, the other to the other port on the vacuum canister. That appears to be the only 2 lines I have coming thru the fire wall that I can tell on my pic.

Attachments

• image_5.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 320
I checked my '72 this evening. It only has 2 lines thru the firewall and is set up like straightlinespeed has drawn out.
C

Don't know if this helps. It's from a 68 service manual for a 273 Valiant.
318 and 340 should be the same.

I don't know if they made changes for the Duster or not. It's the way my 68 Barracuda 318 should be set up with the 3 vacuum hoses.
I don't know what year they started using the vacuum reservoir that would only have 2 vacuum hoses through the fire wall.

If one of the vacuum lines has a hard plastic end that goes to the vacuum source at the engine.
It maybe a totally different setup.
Maybe someone with a 70 Duster with A/C will chime in.

Here's a rough sketch.
View attachment scan0002.jpg

That's what I'm looking for thank u soooo much for u taking the time to draw that sketch for me I really appreciate it!

I have a factory a/c car and all the ac stuff was gone and no heater hoses. i really dont want to change the heater box and i am trying to figure out the whole vacuum thing. I also have three hoses coming out of the firewall but dont have the thing that originally went on the inner fender or ( if there was one)one in the heater hose/s.

Do i need to find one that goes on the inner fender and replace it and maybe one in the heater hose for those vacuum lines to connect to. Or can I just block the two ( red and white striped ones) and connect the solid ( no colored stripe) black one to vacuum and just run the heater hoses the way they would go normally

thanks

-
Back