Vacuum pod springs, six pack.

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How do I identify what springs are in my vacuum pods? The six pack tune says black springs , mine are silver. Holleys website, they're all silver. Had these carbs gone through by a supposed expert, will not mention his name ( I should) and was quite disappointed when I received my damaged carbs delivered by UPS. Not insured for their amount. Wasted alot of money. So I have corrected the damage and am now going back through them. I also stroked my 340 to 418. So my goal was to check for correct springs, check initial jetting, power valve, and initial setting of idle adj. screws, before I move on to the rest of the list before start up.

Yea, UPS has smashed a couple sets of 6 packs I bought, same deal no insurance, they also smashed a demon 850 I shipped and it was double boxed. Will never use them again and will tell my story every chance i get.
The springs should have a paint mark on them.

Just pulled the spring off of the roof of the pod, had not noticed the yellow brush mark.
So I still need the black ones.
Yeah, I would have expected him (the shipper) to have insured them for the proper amount, after all, I was paying for it.
I thought that you might be the one to answer me.
Thank you!

Silver sometimes is called "plain" on the spring chart. The paint can be faint and thin, especially on older springs.

attachment.jpg

Better just buy a kit of them, will have to play with it and see how my set up reacts.
Did not realize that there were so many springs. Just found a bent idle adj. screw too.
Thank you again!

I think the 6 packs are different than the 4bbl

Yes, they are a different size. The six pack vacuum pods & springs are bigger in diameter than the vacuum pod & springs on a 4160 4 barrel.

-
Back