Val Brougham 4D $1500 NM CL FL

-
I'd swap my Coronet for that.

Body colored hubcaps. Don't see many of those on anything, anymore. People usually frisbee them for the donk.

No brake booster makes me wonder if it has disc brakes. p/s, sway bar ?
They were built all kinds of ways.

stupid question, what is "Brougham"? I have seen that on other listing for different cars, but never could figure what it was supposed to be. Haven't looked it up either, never think about til I see it on a listing.

Brougham was luxury trim. Plush carpet, velour seat skins, even some added plastic and felt in the trunk.
I had a white with red guts 75 Brougham years ago. It was a fully loaded build less the V8.

Far as I know: just a luxury trim package.

Yep in 1975 the big 3 were marketing their compacts to be "domestic Mercedes." The Nova Concours, Valiant Brougham, Dart SE and especially Ford Granada.

For trivia's sake, Brougham is the bodystyle where the driver would sit out in the open with the passengers riding in the enclosed 'carriage' of the vehicle.

For $1200 if that car was near me I'd be very tempted to become an a-body owner again!

Valiant broughams and Dart SE's usually had velour buckets (even in 4 doors), a/c, puffy door panels with pulls, thick carpet, woodgrain dash and trim, hood ornaments,vinyl tops, and body color hubcap centers.

I've seen velour bench seats, and "premium" vinyl seats as well.

Most I've seen were 318 but some were slants.

I've seen them in burgundy, green, and cream.

Anyone seen another color?

Silver and marroon.

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1747.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 124
Has that car been repainted?

It has burgundy hubcaps.

Good color combo, though.

I bought a dark green 4-door Valiant Brougham new in 1975. It was a 225 slant, and without a doubt the most gutless car I ever owned. It was quiet, smooth and comfortable to drive, and interior was plush and beautiful, but it spent the majority of its time in 2nd gear. The worst part is that I traded off my 318, '68 Fury III hardtop hoping to get better mileage, but while it did a bit better in town, on trips the V8 Fury got better. It also proved to be the only Mopar I ever owned that was a borderline lemon. Before the warranty was up, I traded it for an equally plush '77 Dodge Monaco.

I wish it was, A friend bought it in CA and we got it road worthy and off to Ill. it went. Some came with the color keyed wheel covers that mached the interior.
Another thing it had was luggage in the trunk that was a factory option. It even had the pentastar logo. I knew they did that in the 50's but not in the 70's. I worked at a dealership in the mid 70's and never knew about that option.A well known Nats judge confirmed it to be fact. A new one for me.

-
Back