Valiant convertible ???

-

Robert Munoz

Reaction score
Ok I know this is going to sound dumb but this is my first convertable ...why does the back window have a zipper at the top ...is it for replacement only or do you unzip it to open it ..I'm confused

The top will not fold and stow properly without unzipping the window and tucking it down in the well first.

When raising the top, I always raise the top high enough to extract the window from the well, then I zip it before raising the top the rest of the way.

Mine too but I have been told it's better to unzip it to put the top down. But to answer op's original question on a hot summer day unzip that back window, roll down all the windows, open the air box, and leave the top up. It keeps the sun off of you and really lets the air flow. It's actually my favorite way to drive my car!

Yes, mine will also go all the way up and down, but unless everything is massaged into place as the top is lowered, there are folds and frames poking the cover. If you don't use a cover, it's fine, but it looks like crap if not tucked in tightly before the cover is installed.

Thanks for letting me know now if I could only find the shifter linkage and console brackets

-
Back