Valiant on craigs list

-
There is not any rusted through panels on this car any where. We started spot weld drilling it apart tonight. we will save as many panels as we can even the rockers. We were sitting here tonight and talking how this car would have been a perfect sleeper.

Howard it even had old coins in all the right places. Never searched . Nothing like finding contents in old cars. And every bolt and clip came out and was able to be saved. You know I am a 1971 guy. " 1971 Quarter" I'm rich.!

The parts that came off are available Dave is saving every last bolt. The only thing that is on the car yet is rear wheel well trim and Housing bumpers.

Steve, you and Dave make me extremely proud of the things you do for the mopar community. The knowledge you guys have is astounding and the parts that you have saved helps a lot of us keep our running. I appreciate you immensely!
Howard
PS I only wish I lived closer because I would like to hang out and watch you guys in action wretching away. (I am to old and weak to actually work on them the way I used to).

We have separation...

20180325_194550.jpg

20180325_195148.jpg

20180325_195201.jpg

We just finished this Demon. Complete Thumper engine and trans. and complete front clip and floors. Coming back for rear quarters and trunk floors. Also clipped a Chevy van and repaint. and pulled a unitized frame on a Subaru. While working on the brown 71 340 Duster to resell. At 63 there is no time to spare. Everyday there is something getting worked on from Tractors to Harleys to Diesels . All the while 3 grand children. 4 Dogs Numerous Cats. a wife and 2 daughters. My son stays above the garage.

This Demon was a car I fixed in the early 80's.that was hit hard The original owner bought it back and we are doing all the metal work and drive line over. Motor is done and the front half frames and metal work is done. He dropped 13k here in one month. 9K in the motor and install alone. Everything new except block. There is a fast back cuda here waiting for parts the owner needs more money.

There is never a idle day here. we are always at full rev.

26804373_1768580849858648_4434774210873952643_n (1).jpg

I am no stranger to cutting cars up and parting them etc.
A lot of people don't realize what really went on back in the day when these were just cars.............
However, i'm thinking that it might have been easier to convert this 4 door to a 2 door using his car for parts.
A 2 door post '69 Valiant is in effect a 4 door converted at the factory sharing the same roof, rear window etc. as a 4 door with different quarters, post, doors, and some interior stuff.
An experienced metal magician like you should be able to do this conversion fairly easily, most others probably not.
Wouldn't it have been easier (and faster) to graft the quarters, post, and doors off of his 2 door onto this car and have a better car in the long run?
From what i understand, his 2 door needed the whole front clip including inner fenders and frame rails, floor pan and trunk floor, and fire wall.
What are your thoughts on this?

I am no stranger to cutting cars up and parting them etc.
A lot of people don't realize what really went on back in the day when these were just cars.............
However, i'm thinking that it might have been easier to convert this 4 door to a 2 door using his car for parts.
A 2 door post '69 Valiant is in effect a 4 door converted at the factory sharing the same roof, rear window etc. as a 4 door with different quarters, post, doors, and some interior stuff.
An experienced metal magician like you should be able to do this conversion fairly easily, most others probably not.
Wouldn't it have been easier (and faster) to graft the quarters, post, and doors off of his 2 door onto this car and have a better car in the long run?
From what i understand, his 2 door needed the whole front clip including inner fenders and frame rails, floor pan and trunk floor, and fire wall.
What are your thoughts on this?
We thought of converting the 4 door . The worst on his car is the frame is bent from a wreck years back. The fire wall is good we are using this firewall for a pattern to put the AC in a Demon. He wants his car. He has it a long time.

I do what the customer wants. My son would have left it a 4 door. His thought was more money to be made on weekends. I have to many cars here and coming in. So once a decision is made I don't Divert.

We are doing a fresh big block for the Valiant . He saw the Demon that just left and wanted his car done the same way. We drop them out the bottom and restore everything under the hood. After that the rest of the car is a different job. The floors in Daves valiant will be new. You cannot buy front rails that was the reason for buying the 4 door.

My son and I were talking last night. We are going to make a body fixture for 108 wheel base a-bodies. We have one already It will just take some new attachments for the car. We have two nice shells here to mock one up. This will make it so much easier to cut these cars up and weld them back together.

Our freind does the troyer modifies. When they get hit he puts the frame on the jig and cuts off what don't fit then adds the new parts using the various mounts that fit the fixture. we just used this to build this trailer and it worked great. Nothing moved during the welding process .

New pics 019.jpg

New pics 018.jpg

Wow, you have the frt frame rails installed all ready, Outstanding that has to be one of the biggest parts to put on. Dave you guys are going to fly right thru this build. You and Steve are not letting any grass grow under your feet! Keep it up I am more excited following this and can't wait to see more progress Thanks
Howard

Nope sorry Howard.. We are just stripping the blue one for right now. Most of the parts will be used on my 2 door valiant..thanks for watching...Dave..

See what happens when you get old Dave, the mind goes. You would think that I would still be able to tell the difference between 2 and 4 doors.lol Bummer I was trying to figure out how it took no time to switch it out.

We thought of converting the 4 door . The worst on his car is the frame is bent from a wreck years back. The fire wall is good we are using this firewall for a pattern to put the AC in a Demon. He wants his car. He has it a long time.

I do what the customer wants. My son would have left it a 4 door. His thought was more money to be made on weekends. I have to many cars here and coming in. So once a decision is made I don't Divert.

We are doing a fresh big block for the Valiant . He saw the Demon that just left and wanted his car done the same way. We drop them out the bottom and restore everything under the hood. After that the rest of the car is a different job. The floors in Daves valiant will be new. You cannot buy front rails that was the reason for buying the 4 door.

My son and I were talking last night. We are going to make a body fixture for 108 wheel base a-bodies. We have one already It will just take some new attachments for the car. We have two nice shells here to mock one up. This will make it so much easier to cut these cars up and weld them back together.

Our freind does the troyer modifies. When they get hit he puts the frame on the jig and cuts off what don't fit then adds the new parts using the various mounts that fit the fixture. we just used this to build this trailer and it worked great. Nothing moved during the welding process .

View attachment 1715157774

View attachment 1715157775
Thanks for the response.
I was just curious, looks like you got it all figgered out...........

Wow!, Dave you are right there isn't much left. Steve told me you are using the floor. I sure wish I did not live so far away, not that I could help much but just to see you guys in action. I guess I could hand you tools. lol Keep up the great work. Have a Happy Easter today!

-
Back