Valiant owner finally !!

-
iw378. That thing is really turning out nice.It's fun to bring a car back from the dead.Sounds like you guys are really up on the mid 60's Valiant. A question,,I have a 68.Can the grille center from a 67 bolt in place of the plain blank center of the 68? Also the 67 tail lights.?

Beat to fit, paint to match! Lol!

iw378. That thing is really turning out nice.It's fun to bring a car back from the dead.Sounds like you guys are really up on the mid 60's Valiant. A question,,I have a 68.Can the grille center from a 67 bolt in place of the plain blank center of the 68? Also the 67 tail lights.?

The tail lights should work...but I would say the 68 are already the nicest.

I have a bunch of 15 inch steelies in 5.5 and 7" widths if your looking

That's gonna be a sweet little car!! Nice to see a another 67 valiant. I've got a 4 door that will be the next project after I get my Duster running

So I replaced the floor pan with one from amd. It would not fit in the car in one peice so I cut it in half down the tunnel. I put the car on ramps and timber to elevate it. Then shimmed the ramps to level the car side.
IMG_0854.JPG
to side

A buddy of mine gave me a 318 out of his 71 duster that has 25 k on it so I pulled the heads off and got a fresh valve job. and cleaned it up.
IMG_0882.JPG

Went to harbor freight and bought a shitty little engine stand, butchered it up to make something I need. k frame stand. Hell Yeah !
IMG_0892.JPG

In between all this work I got a trophy for best mopar at a car show in napa. For my 69 notch.
IMG_0784.JPG

Looking good brother. Oh and by the way, You still owe me a ride in the barracuda. We put that new engine in months ago!!

I like your idea making a K frame dolley out of the china freight engine stand. Can you post some more detailed pix of how you modded it? I have a 3 leg cheapie stand somebody gave me i can cut up and mod for this.

I think the 68 val taillamps look good. They make it look upscale, almost like a mini fury VIP model.

IMHO I really like the 70 model taillamps with reverse lights in the back bumper though

Engine almost ready. Gonna fire it up on the stand before installing. I sent out a manual steering box to firm feel to get rebuilt. So after I fire it off I'll install steering box, lower control arms, center link, pitman and idler arms.
IMG_0996.JPG

Lookin good! I'm house cleaning if your looking for anything. What headers are you using with the 4 spd?

-
Back