Valiantone pedal assembly rebuild-AWESOME!

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
I needed to rebuild the pedal assembly for my 340 4sp Swinger project . The bearings were gone and the shafts were toast!
I had seen Valiantones posts for bushings and sent him a PM.
Turns out he only had the bushings for standard assemblies but woud use mine as a template for the HD bushings if I would send them to him. So off they went....
I got my pedals back yesterday and all I can say is WOW! Chris did an amazing job! He went way over the top and machined a new clutch shaft and pivot barrel as well as new brass bushings and bearings! They are now better than new!
I am at work right now or I would post pics of his work. Maybe he will chime in and post a few.

Thanks again Chris.... I owe you one!

Pics
IMG_20170902_201125.jpg
IMG_20170902_201015.jpg
IMG_20170902_201041.jpg

Hey, thanks for the kudos Michael!

As Michael mentioned I have not previously made bushings for the HD units as I did not have a pedals set up to model them on. Mr. Baird was kind enough to send me his so I could get the measurements needed. His clutch and brake pivot shafts were badly worn so I made new shafts out of precision ground stock as well.

Here are a few pics. First of the damaged shafts next to the new replacements.

HD repair1.jpg

HD repair2.jpg

Next is a pic of the new clutch rod welded into place along with the new custom bronze bearings for the brake pivot. The roller bearings for the clutch rod have been installed and are slightly inset so that there is room for the felt washer (not pictured) that keeps any crap out.

HD repair3.jpg

And finally all the parts nested together as they will be in the car. The correct E clip was also supplied. The clutch roller bearings and felt washers were ordered through Brewers, who I have always had very good luck with!

HD repair4.jpg

Hey, thanks for the kudos Michael!

As Michael mentioned I have not previously made bushings for the HD units as I did not have a pedals set up to model them on. Mr. Baird was kind enough to send me his so I could get the measurements needed. His clutch and brake pivot shafts were badly worn so I made new shafts out of precision ground stock as well.

Here are a few pics. First of the damaged shafts next to the new replacements.

View attachment 1715088674
View attachment 1715088675

Next is a pic of the new clutch rod welded into place along with the new custom bronze bearings for the brake pivot. The roller bearings for the clutch rod have been installed and are slightly inset so that there is room for the felt washer (not pictured) that keeps any crap out.

View attachment 1715088676

And finally all the parts nested together as they will be in the car. The correct E clip was also supplied. The clutch roller bearings and felt washers were ordered through Brewers, who I have always had very good luck with!

View attachment 1715088677
Fantastic work. Well done

Do you also offer the stuff for a 1970 B-body set?

hope all is well with you.. I need a set of those bushings and the shaft? the bearings fit in for my hd
pedal set in my 340 duster.

-
Back